Guide | How To How to disable SMBv1 in Windows 10 and Windows Server

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Does 'Team Viewer' work after disable these features?
I do not use Team Viewer for years but if I'm not wrong, it uses port 80. This port is used by default for the HTTP protocol.
Then it should work.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
Thank you for this thread.
Unfortunately, my old NAS needs SMB v1...
thats what i found when i googled around to see what SMBv1 is used for, and how to see if your network is currently using it or not...
i found some posts from users using QNAP NAS, and they said to disable (on NAS or Computer) SMBv2+ and enable SMBv1, then it allowed it to work properly
crappy situation for those users with NAS like that :(

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
I have an old Buffalo linkstation live. It's doing its job... All my PC are on W10 CU and are updated regurarly so this doesn't bother me a lot.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.