Guide | How To How To Download YouTube Videos (without IDM or Any Youtube Downloader)

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Ndung'u

Jul 31, 2014
How To Download YouTube Videos (without IDM or Any Youtube Downloader)
1. Open Youtube Video you want to Download.
image.png

2. Type "ss" in before word youtube in the link.
image.png

3. After than a new website will opened - http://en.savefrom.net/
image.png

4. Now you can download youtube videos.

image.png
wow this was awewsome thanks alot. you dont know how much suffering you've saved me

mahendrakun

Jan 8, 2015
there are many ways to Download Anything without IDM or Internet Download Managers,
First You should Try IDM alternatives, There many IDM Alternative which also giving similar features of IDM,
You can Video URL for example Remove WWW> and replace with SS and past in browser you will redirect on a tool which can help yo to direct download.
You can also try online tools, Here are all tools and ways which can help you So click for download videos and anything without IDM , If You have any question then Comment below

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
A little bit old thread by now but still very interesting topic IMO.

Personal I try to avoid install too many addons as I had my fare share of PUPs and crapware etc. Recently found a service that seams to work flawless. Even able to add custom resolution and it also works on many other videosites. Check here if you like: Convert YouTube videos to MP3, MP4, AVI - N°1 Online Video Converter

Marcela

Mar 2, 2016
The ss started to give me trouble so I found out the dl
Same thing but better, add the dl in front of the name youtube on the url

Reactions: Logethica

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I use my own "home made" program (one, for all website file I need ).
I don't trust other tools/website for this purpose.

I made, few days ago, a post on the following thread

FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY :rolleyes:

GUIDE - IDM cannot Download Youtube Videos

The first part can be helpful for programmers.
- when in the links found in the source page there is the parameter "signature", it means the video / audio file isn't protected : the link can be directly used.
- Else, it uses the parameter "s" or "sig"
=> the method I describe is to decrypt s => signature

In the second part you can see how to retrieve the URL to download the video with only a browser (no addon needed)
=> Begin with "When playing a video on YouTube, the browser will make the job for you"
- You can even find the "sound" file only :)
(not a too complicated method, but a safe method :p)​

But remember :

FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY :D

Last edited:

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Just out of curiosity, will we ran into legal issue if we're downloading Youtube videos? Most of them are copyrighted videos correct?

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Just out of curiosity, will we ran into legal issue if we're downloading Youtube videos? Most of them are copyrighted videos correct?
- Some videos use a protection schema like I describe, others can be downloaded without have need to break their encoded sig, by some tricks
- but that's always without using a direct link on their website, so YES I think the people that do so ran into legal issue.
- The same way, legal issue for people downloading mp3 or files (TV shows, films) without paying.
When you use your browser to watch a video on YouTube, all the job is done naturally. If protected, the browser deprotected the link. Parts of this video are downloaded when you are watching it.
=> So retrieving this link when you browser do its job reading a youtube video, and use it to download the whole video, is it running into legal issue ? And discovering this link, by looking the http traffic, also ? May be.
Let's if you download it this way to see it, without the aim to keep it :rolleyes:, is ok

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.