How To Fix a Malware Infected Computer

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by Chiron, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Hello, I've written an article in which I explain How to Fix a Malware Infected Computer. It's meant to show people how to fix any type of damage which could have been caused by malware.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

2. Brian

Brian Guest

Hi Chiron,

This is an informative guide as usual. Well done! Here are a few suggestions:

Under Step 6, you should add forums that consist of malware experts: http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/malware-removal-guide/#forums

Under 3B, you should add my guide on to how fix the Internet connection: http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/fix-internet-connection/

That guide has helped a lot of people. You may also want to mention that some malware hides the user's file.

3. McLovin

McLovin Level 61
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 17, 2011
    I stream ✌
    Queensland, Australia
    Windows 10
    Trend Micro
    You could both add the MalwareTips malware removal forum that we have here ;)

4. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    I had thought that MalwareTips has been doing a very good job at getting computers back to working order. I've been following some of the topics and have found them to be quite efficient. Is there a particular reason you think I should recommend multiple sites?

I actually created my article in part by following your advice. Thus I believe my article should be able to repair people's internet connection satisfactorly. I've made some changes, and asked whether Windows Repair Kit can do what your article suggests on this page. Please let me know what you think.

This is mentioned in the third paragraph of my article.

Thank you.

5. Brian

Brian Guest

Hi Chiron,

MT provides good support, but we don't have many experts on this forum. Thanks for asking him. I'm going to ask him a question. ;)

6. pcjunklist

pcjunklist Level 1

Dec 28, 2011
    Boston
    Ouch, you banned

7. McLovin

McLovin Level 61
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 17, 2011
    I stream ✌
    Queensland, Australia
    Windows 10
    Trend Micro
    With the job that Jack does here in the malware removal forum, I think that he does a great job. We might not have many, but I bet Jack is the main one.

frogboy likes this.