Advice Request How to install latest Kaspersky protection extension in Chromiu based brwosers?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'm testing some Chromium based browsers such as Edge and Brave. The extension available in the Chrome Store is version 20. The extension installed automatically in Chrome by Kaspersky 2020 is version 30. So how do I install the latest version of the extension in a Chromium browser? I checked the Kaspersky folder but didn't see any extension file in there to install. Also all solutions I found on the net tells me to install the Store version that is older.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Is the related option already enabled: Settings => Protection => Web Anti-Virus

K-web.png

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Opera, Vivaldi etc. are not covered.
Can't speak for Vivaldi, but in Opera it's covered.
I just reinstalled Kaspersky and I have this extension:

Same extension.
Even if you manage to install the extension, it will not be fully functional. That was my experience with Brave.
I suspect it's the same in Opera, but haven't fully tested.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.