Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I'd like to install Comodo or maybe Avast on my account on my kids pc's but leave theirs with just sbie, is this possible?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I know with some programs it let's you on if you want to install for you or all users, but I have a feeling you can't.

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
McLovin said:
I know with some programs it let's you on if you want to install for you or all users, but I have a feeling you can't.

Well this goes for any program I just happen to want to install a security program...So If Friend A. has a computer with admin account and his friend (B.) wants his own account (admin or limited) and his own programs this can't be done?
I hope i'm explaining this right without confusing you guys.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MRF71 said:
Well this goes for any program I just happen to want to install a security program...So If Friend A. has a computer with admin account and his friend (B.) wants his own account (admin or limited) and his own programs this can't be done?

Yes what ever is installed as an administrator will go on all accounts.

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
McLovin said:
MRF71 said:

Yes what ever is installed as an administrator will go on all accounts.

Yea I know that, but unless the program has the option to install for a particular user then it's not possible to install a program to only one account?
I've been googling and one person said to install it in the appdata directory of the chosen account but not sure if a program could run properly in that directory?
Oh well i'll keep searching

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MRF71 said:
Yea I know that, but unless the program has the option to install for a particular user then it's not possible to install a program to only one account?
I've been googling and one person said to install it in the appdata directory of the chosen account but not sure if a program could run properly in that directory?
Oh well i'll keep searching

Ahh, yeah I see what you mean now. Ha, yes if you install certain programs in for instance their Appdata or their documents they will be the one to use it, but being an AV it more than likely won't work that well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.