Troubleshoot how to make my pc faster in copying files?

Whfighter

Thread author
Feb 24, 2015
Hi,
I found it was very slow to open my download folder since a few months ago. Now, I even cann't delete or remove some files, it is almost impossible for me to transfer one file to another folder, e.g., transfer one file from download to document or other folder. It will show a frame "calculating", on the top, there was green bar slowly moving to the right.
I searched quite a few websites, and customize from "video to general items" in download properties. However, it is still that way.
Would you please help me solve those problems? It is really frustrating to waste time when I try to remove or transfer files.
Thank you all very much!

Last edited by a moderator:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hi,
I found it was very slow to open my download folder since a few months ago. Now, I even cann't delete or remove some files, it is almost impossible for me to transfer one file to another folder, e.g., transfer one file from download to document or other folder. It will show a frame "calculating", on the top, there was green bar slowly moving to the right.
I searched quite a few websites, and customize from "video to general items" in download properties. However, it is still that way.
Would you please help me solve those problems? It is really frustrating to waste time when I try to remove or transfer files.
Thank you all very much!
Did you feel any other problem on your system? Do have problems with copying in global or just from those folders you mentioned?

Upvote 0

Whfighter

Thread author
Feb 24, 2015
I just scanned my pc and installed comodo, it should not be malware, I guess it might be too many files,videos, etc; but i have transfered most files out of download folder, it is still slow, even if I want to delete some pdf in download folder by pushing "shift+delete".
any thoughts?
Thank you all very much

Upvote 0

Amiral7224

Level 1
Mar 3, 2015
If all else fails you may want to consider purchasing an SSD (Solid-State Drive), though they are not cheap. They are smaller, emit less noise and a considerable faster than a harddrive.

Upvote 0

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
Is your HDD defragmented, fragmented files take up longer to access because they are scattered all over the HDD and then to write somewhere else when copied especially if there isn't enough room for file to be written continuously but scattered again in new folder.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.