How to purchase an AppGuard Personal license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

They seem to be offering a coupon code for 50% discount. Still not cheap, but within the ballpark.

$29.95 has been the going rate for quite some time.

The prevailing attitude on the forums is anything other than "free" is not an option. Well "free" does cost the publisher expenses unless the publisher simply puts the product out on web as Open Source and walks away.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
The price will not, of course, be popular - especially on the security forums. But like I have said many times, the company has never really pursued the home user market. The company has always been active in the enterprise\government sectors. Our most direct competitor is Microsoft because of their AppLocker product.

Very often MT users pm me and ask me if I have the appguard license. Firstly I thought they asked me for adguard (ad blocker) :) You see some time ago I shared with eset/emsisoft and some other a. products on MT. Since that time some users still ask me if I have licenses for eset/emsisoft/appguard.​

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Does AppGuard personal have "power apps"? If not, where do you put your other security softs?
It does have it and always did have it or else you would not be able to use some of the other security programs.

EDIT: Clarified.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trooper and shmu26

Does AppGuard personal have "power apps"? If not, where do you put your other security softs?

It does include Power Apps. You only put programs into the Power Apps to resolve breakages. Other security softs are not meant to be automatically added to the Power Apps list; the vast majority of security softs run from System Space and AppGuard doesn't interfere with them.

Needlessly adding security softs to Power Apps just weakens system security.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It does include Power Apps. You only put programs into the Power Apps to resolve breakages. Other security softs are not meant to be automatically added to the Power Apps list; the vast majority of security softs run from System Space and AppGuard doesn't interfere with them.

Needlessly adding security softs to Power Apps just weakens system security.
Thanks. I searched the manual of Personal, and I couldn't find an entry for Power Apps. So I needed to know it is there, before I put my money down.
ReHIPS should be in power apps?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks. I searched the manual of Personal, and I couldn't find an entry for Power Apps. So I needed to know it is there, before I put my money down.
ReHIPS should be in power apps?
Put the agent in power apps or else nothing works.

Last edited:
Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You mentioned promos. Would you please post them here for the sake of others ?
Well, in response to the message I left them, I got the following reply:

We are pleased to announce that AppGuard Personal is now available.

Here is the purchase link for your convenience.

AppGuard Store

Make sure to use the coupon code below to enjoy 50% off of the list price.

Coupon Code: XXXXXXXX *Expires in 30 days*

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
It is like Santa Claus. You aren't going to get it unless you ask for it.

It is a bad Santa Claus
Sorry, I don't know if the following attached picture of Santa is ok for MT forum :)

bad Santa.gif

Reactions: jasonX

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Don't even bother to ask them for a trial or a demo. The answer is no.
I don't understand why I have to get married to an app that I didn't even meet yet.

Reactions: SHvFl

I don't understand why I have to get married to an app that I didn't even meet yet.

You are thinking in terms of a home user\consumer. The company does not use the consumer sales model. Just because the product is made available to the general public does not mean that the company must utilize a consumer sales model.

You should confirm the refund policy in the case that you are not satisfied - before you make a purchase.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014

I see there is option to request enterprise demo. What is it, Lockdown? I find a short decription about it ,,Our sales team and engineers will assess your business and system needs and demonstrate how AppGuard can provide protection from today’s, and tomorrow’s threats,,

Reactions: meltcheesedec

I see there is option to request enterprise demo. What is it, Lockdown? I find a short decription about it ,,Our sales team and engineers will assess your business and system needs and demonstrate how AppGuard can provide protection from today’s, and tomorrow’s threats,,

The demo is for the enterprise version only. The channel re-seller is going to fully qualify any demo request so there is no use in even requesting one. As soon as they discover it is a home user requesting a demo the answer will be "No."

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
The demo is for the enterprise version only. The channel re-seller is going to fully qualify any demo request so there is no use in even requesting one. As soon as they discover it is a home user requesting a demo the answer will be "No."

Many thanks Lockdown for replying us.

Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.