How to rate a comparative anti-virus test - a six-step guide

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From Sophos Blog (4/30/13)

In my last article, I discussed anti-virus tests, particularly certification schemes. Today I'll focus on comparatives and group tests.

This is a much murkier area of the testing world, with certifications tending to be limited to well-known, usually well-respected expert testers.

On the other hand, it sometimes seems like anyone with a computer and more than one brain cell feels qualified to do comparative testing.

There are a lot of pitfalls to look out for, which often trip up unwary would-be testers, and regularly lead to wonky data and biased, inaccurate and occasionally completely off-the-wall conclusions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.