Troubleshoot How to Remove A Trojan.Dropper.Agent in the Android Setting App

Infected operating system
Android 8.1.0
Infected device
U683CL UMX
Infected device issues
I have been trying to remove a Trojan.Dopper.Agent from the Settings Application in my Android phone for days. I have even tried doing a factory reset on the phone and that Trojan still shows as a malware.
When I do a scan with Malwarebytes it scans that:

1. com.android.settings has a Threat in Android/Trojan.Dropper.Agent.UMXrv
2. When I click to Remove the Threat it does not allow Malware to remove it and it states: Disable System App
Settings is a system app and cannot be uninstalled. Please disable this app manually and we will automatically add it to whitelist.
3. I click on DIsable and it goes to the App Info Settings Installed. I clicked Disabled. Under Advanced Modify System Settings I also click Not Allowed.
I even click Force Stop and i+t brings me back to the message shown on (1) 1. com.android.settings has a Threat in Android/Trojan.Dropper.Agent.UMXrv

I have installed Avast and Kaspersky and both of those scan and and say Your are Protected and did not identify the same malware.

I read the article How to remove Trojan.Dropper.Agent (Virus Removal Guide) which is how I found this forum to ask for Help!
Any help and recommendations on how to remove that specific trojan is greatly appreciated.
Steps taken to remove the infection
I have been trying to remove a Trojan.Dopper.Agent from the Settings Application in my Android phone for days. I have even tried doing a factory reset on the phone and that Trojan still shows as a malware.

2. When I click to Remove the Threat it does not allow Malware to remove it and it states: Disable System App
Settings is a system app and cannot be uninstalled. Please disable this app manually and we will automatically add it to whitelist.
3. I click on DIsable and it goes to the App Info Settings Installed. I clicked Disabled. Under Advanced Modify System Settings I also click Not Allowed.
I even click Force Stop and i+t brings me back to the message shown on (1) 1. com.android.settings has a Threat in Android/Trojan.Dropper.Agent.UMXrv

I have installed Avast and Kaspersky and both of those scan and and say Your are Protected and did not identify the same malware.

I read the article How to remove Trojan.Dropper.Agent (Virus Removal Guide) which is how I found this forum to ask for Help!
Any help and recommendations on how to remove that specific trojan is greatly appreciated.

SCAndroid

Thread author
Dec 12, 2020
Hello Tech Doctors,
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thiag0

Level 1
Jan 2, 2021
This UMX device (and others) has some really serious security issues, so i'd recommend either placing a custom ROM (if you're an advanced user) or get a new device. I wouldn't put sensitive info (banking, etc) on that phone

Even though they claimed to "remove the pre-installed malware" , i'd not trust them.

Last edited:
  • +Reputation
Reactions: oldschool

sstone189

Jan 4, 2021
This UMX device (and others) has some really serious security issues, so i'd recommend either placing a custom ROM (if you're an advanced user) or get a new device. I wouldn't put sensitive info (banking, etc) on that phone

Even though they claimed to "remove the pre-installed malware" , i'd not trust them.
Yes, they didn't remove anything. The malware was gone for a few months but is back already after their latest phone updates. I would say don't update this phone anymore if you don't have malware on it, because the next updates will add it all back.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.