How to remove most rogues.

RandomGuy

Thread author
Feb 27, 2011
EDIT: Info on this thread outdated. Check out my malware removal 2.0 here.

Okay so is you're computer infected by a fake anti-virus, well you have come to the right place! Here is how I would go about removing rogues Trojan.FakeAlert. First you are gonna need some anti-malware I would strongly recommend you get Malwarebytes, it is a free anti-malware solution that deletes a lot of malware. If the rogue blocks certain websites download rkill, it is a tool that will kill suspicious processes including the scam antivirus that blocks things. Next go on malwarebytes and then click on quick scan, wait for it to detect the infected files, click remove then restart. Now go into you're internet browser and goto eset online scanner it will detect any other junk that is still on you're computer, and now you should be malware free! :D
thanks for reading and have a good day.

-RanomGuy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What if the Malware blocks new or certain processes from running?

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Rkill also tries to prevent that. But since it only stops known malware processes it might fail with 0-days.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.