How to Remove Thumbnails From Google Chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
2u7u1y8.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thumbnails or Favicons?

I don't think it's possible, but you could use the App page and create your own extensions (it's simple, I'll post a thread soon) to your favourite sites. Or bookmark your fav. site and find them from the omnibar (address bar).

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Where did you get version 34 from?
Im still on v 32:
Enable Instant Extended API is there for me:)
dz-dmmgspbyrvxbuimincmo.jpg

Google Chrome 34.0.1825.4 Dev but latest is now Google Chrome 34.0.1838.2 Dev beta. and also i face automatic update in chrome even in previous version
"Update failed (error: 3)An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80040154)." I did google search before but no help ;)

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

AlBme

Feb 19, 2014
As of Version 33.0.1750.115, at least that's the version I'm using on my Linux Mint 16 box, the "Enable Instant Extended API" flag no longer exists. I just sent Google some feedback on this. I won't say that I was as polite as I am normally. But, they needed some reminding. They seem to forget that people use Chrome at work and something like this could have a serious impact.

The only option now is for those of us savvy enough, (and who can remember to do so), is to either go incognito, Ctrl+Shift+N, full time -- a pain -- and to manually delete browser history on exit anyway.

I left Firefox a couple of years ago because performance was just horrible and because sandboxing was apparently a totally alien concept to them. I don't know what progress Mozilla has made on those issues, but I wonder if Opera is any good? I'll have to check if it's available for Linux. But, I bet Opera has its own set of schizophrenic traits.

Update:

Wouldn't you know it, I found an extension to redirect the new tab page in their App store. I can only hope that it's been properly vetted. There are a few to choose from. For the record, I arbitrarily picked 'New Tab Redirect!' by James Schubert.

Last edited:

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Yeah Chrome just updated for me just now...and Google really did remove the chance to get the old "New Tab" back. ( Bunch od SoB's as far as i am concerned right now. ) Adding 'New Tab Redirect!' only solves one part, i still have that stupid App button on the left...and it can not be removed.

And now after the update the Extension "No Favicons" stopped working as well...Thank you Freaking much Google!

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yeah Chrome just updated for me just now...and Google really did remove the chance to get the old "New Tab" back. ( Bunch od SoB's as far as i am concerned right now. ) Adding 'New Tab Redirect!' only solves one part, i still have that stupid App button on the left...and it can not be removed.

And now after the update the Extension "No Favicons" stopped working as well...Thank you Freaking much Google!

I read comments, some people's complaints about that addon. Anyways try & see ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.