How to reset Windows 8 password if I forgot it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janreally

Thread author
Mar 15, 2016
I forgot my adminstrators password on my laptop,windows 8, and that is my only windows account, how can i recovery my password without the disc. It wont let me go into safe mode cause i still need the password. please help!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Another interesting video tutorial made by Britec where you need also to burn from a bootable device and follow the instructions carefully.

Reactions: frogboy

Janreally

Thread author
Mar 15, 2016
My advice is to make a windows reset disk either with usb or dvd. then use the disk to reset admin password. And you won't lost any data in system disk

can you please show me what reset disk will work with my computer? I have a USB driver, and how can I make a reset disk?

DC47561

Level 3
Verified
Feb 3, 2017
Something I would recommend would be Offline NT Password Recovery and Registry editor to blank the password.

DC47561

Level 3
Verified
Feb 3, 2017
I like it. She has probably reset the password for her machine by now. Nearly a whole year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.