Guide | How To .:How to root a HTC Wildfire:.

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello everyone, I recently bought a HTC Wildfire which don't get me worng it is a really good phone but if you wanted to something "creative" I was always stopped because the phone would not let me do what I wanted it to do, plus I found it slow aftewr a couple of months of using it.

So this is guide on how to "root" a HTC Wildfire and install the latest update to a HTC Wildfire.
Disclaimer
I am not responsible if your phone gets bricked, by following the process you are voiding your warranty and significant damage may be caused to your device.
Its all for educational purposes only, if you are dumb enough to screw somewhere then I will be the one who will be laughing at you.
Software are unpredictable in nature, one may/may not act as predicted especially in case of rooting (personal experience). Hence my friend, tread carefully.
in short,

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR STUPIDITY.​

To start the rooting you must have a Wildfire with S-OFF and HBOOT 1.02.0002 and have the software version as Android 2.2.1. You can check it by booting into HBOOT (power on your phone by holding the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button). This method is strictly for Android 2.2.1. How you can turn the S-OFF is your headache, you can try the alpharev (ask the team if they can get you a 2.0 test version... :p) or you can wait for Unrevoked 3.33 or you can straight off go to market and hunt for XTC clip.

This is what I used to have:
old12.png

and I converted it into this :)

69995436.png

or this

74246854.png

Anyways, here is how you can root HTC wildfire 2.2.1 and get htc wildfire Android 2.3

What you need ?

• HTC wildfire with S-OFF , HBOOT 1.01.0002 , OS Froyo 2.2.1
  • USB Drivers - Download
  • RUU Rom 2.1 / RUU_Buzz_HTC_WWE_1.14.405.2_R_Radio_13.45.55.24_3.35.15.31_release_130814_signed - Download
  • Unrevoked 3.2 Test version - Download
  • Cyanogenmod 7 - Download and Google Apps - Download
  • Time and Patience & last but not the least,
  • Balls of Steel

Disclaimer
I am not responsible if your phone gets bricked, by following the process you are voiding your warranty and significant damage may be caused to your device.
Its all for educational purposes only, if you are dumb enough to screw somewhere then I will be the one who will be laughing at you.
Software are unpredictable in nature, one may/may not act as predicted especially in case of rooting (personal experience). Hence my friend, tread carefully.
in short,

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR STUPIDITY.​

E

Exorcizm

Nice guide McLovin, should come in handy, i don't know about on these forums though :)

This is the guide i used to Root my HTC Desire :)

+rep

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Enjoy Cyanogenmod it is a great rom.
I used it some time ago on my Galaxy S, however it had some bugs that made it unstable, so now i just use the latest stock rom and a custom kernel.

Has HTC unlocked their bootloaders yet?

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: .:How to root a HTC Wildfi.

iPanik said:
I used it some time ago on my Galaxy S, however it had some bugs that made it unstable, so now i just use the latest stock rom and a custom kernel.

I know Samsung have in there Galaxy S2 for example, but I'm not sure about HTC Phones, I know there is a HTC Developer webpage with all sorts of source files. I think they plan to in the future, it has developer tools and all sorts of stuff on that site, so they may plan to in the future, and if not, make it easier to anyway

E

Exorcizm

RE: .:How to root a HTC Wildfi.

McLovin said:
iPanik said:

I know Samsung have in there Galaxy S2 for example, but I'm not sure about HTC Phones, I know there is a HTC Developer webpage with all sorts of source files. I think they plan to in the future, it has developer tools and all sorts of stuff on that site, so they may plan to in the future, and if not, make it easier to anyway

Agreed! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.