What all software are available?
Your recommendation?

Win 10 64

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I fail to see why would one would want to run an android emulator on Windows, but most common are the Bluestacks (free) or the paid one after 30 days AMIDuOS.

I still prefer running it off VB to be honest, less hassle.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I tried BlueStacks 2 under Shadow Defender. Installed fine & run fine. I closed & started again & got out of memory error everytime starting BlueStacks.

Win 10 64
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
Tried Andy under Shadow Defender. Installed fine but doesn't starts...start progress appears then disappears.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I fail to see why would one would want to run an android emulator on Windows, but most common are the Bluestacks (free) or the paid one after 30 days AMIDuOS.

I still prefer running it off VB to be honest, less hassle.
VB you mean VirtualBox?
Can you tell me how much space VB takes on the system? And what should I install in VB?

My laptop specs are fine for the above?
Win 10 64
4GB RAM
500GB HDD [97GB C System Drive (57GB Free Space) & 368GB E Personal Data Partition (292Gb Free Space)]

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
VB you mean VirtualBox?
Can you tell me how much space VB takes on the system? And what should I install in VB?

My laptop specs are fine for the above?
Win 10 64
4GB RAM
500GB HDD [97GB C System Drive (57GB Free Space) & 368GB E Personal Data Partition (292Gb Free Space)]
what you need can be found here. Make sure you choose VirtualBox instead of VMWARE when downloading.
2gb ram is more than enough for VB (VirtualBox). Size of hard drive use VDI and set around 20GB should be enough.

The link above is for Images of Android. This is also a site I use to download VB Images for linux distros when I do not feel like going through install process, i.e. Archlinux tho it brings by default KDE Plasma 5 but hey, saves me the trouble every now and again to go through the whole long process of installation of Arch for example.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
I also used BlueStacks on PC, working fine for android apps but it slow down the performance of your PC. That is only the issue in my case.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
A user Nzyme on nsane forums posted this -

"Hi friends, thought that this might be a good topic to share. Many of us use a VM to try various software and OS. However, with this method, you can try any version of Android on your PC without creating a different partition or installing Android (like running a live Android from PC).

1. Download the desired flavor of Android from www.android-x86.org

2. Download the portable application UNetbootin from www.unetbootin.sourceforge.net

3. Run UNetbootin and select the ISO file and the desired location (USB or Hard Disk).

4. Restart PC and select UNetbootin. Android runs. Enjoy."

I tried this & created on USB. It works good, smooth & fast. I have tried Bluestack & Andy & they run slow. Compared to BS & Andy I find this method super excellent i.e under 5 min USB was created & booting from USB was quick & everything, apps, etc... were so smooth & fast.

But I dont know about the website www.android-x86.org & UNetbootin.
Are the Android flavor on www.android-x86.org safe/trusted to use?
Is UNetbootin www.unetbootin.sourceforge.net safe/trusted to use?

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
A user Nzyme on nsane forums posted this -

"Hi friends, thought that this might be a good topic to share. Many of us use a VM to try various software and OS. However, with this method, you can try any version of Android on your PC without creating a different partition or installing Android (like running a live Android from PC).

1. Download the desired flavor of Android from www.android-x86.org

2. Download the portable application UNetbootin from www.unetbootin.sourceforge.net

3. Run UNetbootin and select the ISO file and the desired location (USB or Hard Disk).

4. Restart PC and select UNetbootin. Android runs. Enjoy."

I tried this & created on USB. It works good, smooth & fast. I have tried Bluestack & Andy & they run slow. Compared to BS & Andy I find this method super excellent i.e under 5 min USB was created & booting from USB was quick & everything, apps, etc... were so smooth & fast.

But I dont know about the website www.android-x86.org & UNetbootin.
Are the Android flavor on www.android-x86.org safe/trusted to use?
Is UNetbootin www.unetbootin.sourceforge.net safe/trusted to use?
This seems like an efficient and underused method of running Android on a PC. Great find!

Regarding your last query: I believe that both that website and UNetboltin are legimitate and safe to use.
No reason to worry, as far as I'm concerned.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I installed on Hard Disk with UNetbootin & boot entry was created i.e on boot it showed UNetbootin. I entered UNetbootin & Android was booted. Everything fine & smooth.

BUT 3 probs -
1. Some apps automatically rotates & then using mouse is prob i.e mouse moves erratic. I have disabled auto-rotation then too those apps rotated. Dont know how to stop auto-rotation or dont know if there is any HOTKEY to rotate the app again & bring back to normal?

2. After booting out from Android & booting to Windows time on the clock is always changed.

3. The major prob. Everytime you boot into Android it starts fresh. Dont know if it works this way or a bug so nothing is saved or I am missing something?

Sad I really loved it...easy, smooth & fast but the probs faced are major & annoying so uninstalled for now. Uninstall was clear & fast with no probs.

But I will try to look or find the solution or info.

UPDATE -
For point 1 above -
1. I searched in Android-x86 forum & found a reply in a thread that on the system display setting should be set to "Portrait" instead of "Landscape". When I install again will test it out. But it still will be annoying as everytime will have to change the display setting again on booting into Windows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Anyone trying Phoenix OS or Remix OS, Android for PC?

Both are beta. Both have Windows like GUI i.e desktop, startup menu, taskbar, Windows type management, etc...

HDD install or USB run available.
Guess both can save the stuffs, settings, etc...instead of starting fresh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I was searching for something like this. Thanks a lot for sharing such an useful article. I got detail information from this article.
Remix OS is in beta. You may give a try & see. I think once out of beta it will be good.

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.