How to Stop Websites From Using Your CPU to Mine Cryptocurrency?

BearHug

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 9, 2017

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
NoScript is very good, I have used it in FF for years.
SS_12345.png
I don't know though how many other browsers it works with, from what I know it is only for
Firefox ?

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Or you can add nocoin filterlist to ublock origin or other adblockers directly: GitHub - hoshsadiq/adblock-nocoin-list: A list for uBlock/Adblock plus to stop cryptomining in your browser.
Credit to @Marko :)

I wish there was NoScript for Chrome.
MinorBlock is better

For No Coin
This is an adblock list to block browser based crypto mining. Currently only coin-hive is on the list. If you see another website doing this deed, feel free to raise an issue or raise a PR.

GitHub - hoshsadiq/adblock-nocoin-list: A list for uBlock/Adblock plus to stop cryptomining in your browser.

For MinorBlock
A web extension to block known web-based cryptocurrency miners all over the web.

GitHub - xd4rker/MinerBlock: A web extension to block known web-based cryptocurrency miners all over the web.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
A

antreas

I am using No coin the developer update the extension daily i saw 20 of september update then and 21 of september update on chrome store. Well its nice there 2 of them if 1 extension stop updating we can switch to another.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.