Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Hello everyone,

Does anybody know how I can stream my desktop (share my screen) to my television without connecting them with, for example, an HDMI-cable? I already came across a program called Screentask (https://github.com/EslaMx7/ScreenTask), which shares my screen over my local wifi network (I used the web browser on my TV), but it doesn't support audio and the video sharing is not very fluent (when you play a movie for example). Does anybody know how I can possibly do this? I know that it could be done with extra hardware like a Chromecast, but I am only searching for free software (maybe something similar like Screentask or something else) which can do the job. Any suggestions? Thanks.

kev216

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014

kev216

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Thanks for the answer FireShoot.
I haven't heard of it, but it seems that you need an adapter to use it. I'm looking for something without extra hardware (if this could be possible).

kev216

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I've just played around a bit with the smartshare feature and the only thing I get to work is the file sharing between my pc and tv. I'm searching on how the sreen mirroring feature of it should work, but I only get the information that you have to use Widi for it. I tried to install Intel Widi on my pc, but it says that my pc is not compatible with it.
I've also read that it somehow could be possible with VLC media player by creating a stream, but I don't know how to do that. Can you help me with this please? (sorry for my bad English)

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
I've just played around a bit with the smartshare feature and the only thing I get to work is the file sharing between my pc and tv. I'm searching on how the sreen mirroring feature of it should work, but I only get the information that you have to use Widi for it. I tried to install Intel Widi on my pc, but it says that my pc is not compatible with it.
I've also read that it somehow could be possible with VLC media player by creating a stream, but I don't know how to do that. Can you help me with this please? (sorry for my bad English)
VLC player doesn t support DLNA server(video share protocol for TV). I don t know how on LG TVs but on samsung if are on same network you can share video via windows media player.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Wireless HDMI: There are many wireless HDMI kits available that’ll let you transmit an HDMI signal to your TV. They typically cost between $125 and $200, and come from brands like HP and Iogear. In all, both your computer and your TV will have to be physically connected to transmitters and receivers for it to work. It’s not a bad setup for those seeking to free themselves of cables, but you’ll have to make space for additional physical components.

Other wireless capabilities are from Apple and Chrome.

Seems very difficult the thing you want to happen cause majority needs a physical parts to connect or buy some requirements to obtain the desktop stream.

http://www.technologyguide.com/feat...he-wired-and-wireless-ways-to-share-displays/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.