How to test your keystroke encryption software to see if it is working?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Thanks for the link though, I have tested Keepass and both, secure desktop and TCATO, work pretty well.

Reactions: upnorth

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
That shows as malware upon download.
Yes...according to such info
"This tool simulates few methods used by sophisticated malware to steal your data."
But what is the reason of using such test?...it's to check apps that should protect against capturing keys, screens, sound, etc. If you haven't such tool or such features in AV/IS there is no sense to make that test. Using SS test you can test also encryption tools like KeyScrambler.
What kind of tools you have?...what anti-exploit and AV? Maybe is it possible to disable feature like "launch application control" to run the test?

Reactions: harlan4096

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I am running the trial version of Intercept X which is Hitman Pro Alert with some extras I could not find any information on if it has the HMPA keystroke encryption enabled so wanted to test it to find out.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Download any freeware keylogging software. Install it and enter the text like in a note pad or txt file and even type inside the browser

Now check the keylogged file..that gives the answer

Reactions: Kubla

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
FYI I tried downloading and installing a several different free key-loggers Intercept X will not let them run, I guess it does not need the keystroke encryption enabled since it is not going allow key strokes to be logged.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.