Guide | How To How to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 From Windows 7 and Vista?

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Have you installed IE9 and for a reason you want to uninstall it? In this tutorial I will show you how to uninstall IE9.

Steps
1. Open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features

2. Click on View Installed Updates on the sidebar located at the left of the window.

3. Search for the update called Windows Internet Explorer 9, right click on it and click on Uninstall. Then, a message will appear, click on Yes

4. Now it will start uninstalling Internet Explorer 9. After it does its job, Windows will ask you to restart the computer, so restart it to apply the changes.

5. After restart, Internet Explorer will be restored to the version before Installing IE9.

If you want to see a video tutorial, click here.

Hope this helps :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What if View Installed Updates doesn't show any updates, even though Internet Explorer 9 is installed?

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Why would you want to restore it to the previous version?
Cause we all love the pop-ups from IE5 ! If you want to see if you're still a good pop-up killer, here's a game for that :p
http://www.dailyfreegames.com/flash/other-games/popup-blocker.html

eXp

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Probably they don't want IE9 since they are using other browser as primary browser.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Tomo172 said:

Some times when you install IE9, it will not work correctly so you can uninstall it. And some one may not like it due to crashes, etc.....

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
What if View Installed Updates doesn't show any updates, even though Internet Explorer 9 is installed?

^^ I think it have to be listed there because every update you install appears in that list.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I remember back when I was computer illiterate and not an extremely advanced user I had vista and installed IE8 and disliked it and wanted to go to IE7.

I could not find a working method so I manually deleted each and any IE8 related folder, file using Ownership changes and Forced Administrator commands.

Successfully did so, Found IE7 online and installed it.

IE9 is lucky it's somewhat good or else it would be off my PC in an instant forced un-installed or not. I ALWAYS find a way.

Tomo172 said:

The user might be more familiar and attracted to using previous version. As I was with IE7 & IE8. Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.