By Staff How to Update your Security Config without creating a new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
When you create a thread in the Security Configuration forum, you will need to fill-in some fields with your current security setup. However at some point you may need to install or uninstall a program. When this happens you can update your thread security setup by doing the following:

1. Within the thread you've originally created, click on the "Thread Tools", then select "Edit Thread Fields".
1.jpg

2. An overlay window should now pop-up. These window will contain the information that you've originally posted. Edit the fields that you would like to update, and then click on the "Save Changes" button.
2.jpg

That's it. Stay safe!

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I am amazed by it's simplicity, and surprised by the fact this could be floating over my head like an invisible heavenly cloud for 9 days straight before I looked up & found it!:rolleyes::D Thank you, Sir Jack!:cool:

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you!

- but for now, if I click 'Thread fields', I have the possibility to change the title of thread only .. the small window: 'Edit Thread Fields: title here', then buttons 'Save Changes' and 'Cancel'.

Surely Jack makes the tests .. I hope

EDIT:
No, cause I never made the configuration thread ..

Last edited:
Reactions: sunil22
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.