[How To] Use Sandboxie

Status
Not open for further replies.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
ok i have some questions,

I created a sandbox forcing all contents of an especially created "Download" folder to run in it (that was the easy part)

now when i download a .torrent file from my browsers (Icedragon/Dragon) , in normal situation, they open the torrent file automatically after the end of the download in µtorrent.

But now when i download the torrent from my sandboxed browsers in the forced folder above, the torrent can't be open by µtorrent, i didn't find the workaround yet.

my goal is to download a torrent from my sandboxed browser then opening it in a sandboxed µtorrent then run automatically the downloaded file into a sandbox.

any ideas?

May be because of the file size restriction in the sandbox setting, like the file u wanna download may be is bigger than the file size allowed for migration purpose !!

or can if you are getting any error code could you please specify !

D

Deleted member 178

madyrocksin said:
or can if you are getting any error code could you please specify !

ok i found out my mistake, i forgot to allow µtorrent to access internet :boulay:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is KeyScrambler (Personal aka Free) compatible with SBIE? Would help prevent anything, or you need man-in-the-middle protection too?

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Earth said:
Is KeyScrambler (Personal aka Free) compatible with SBIE? Would help prevent anything, or you need man-in-the-middle protection too?

KS program should do its job even if the browser has been opened in sandboxie, moreover you can add KS compatibility in the sandboxie and check if the words are getting scrambled or not !!

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:

KS is fully compatible with Sandboxie, normally you should see the small window of KS when you type inside Sandboxie.

bo.elam said:
I never used KS but it should work OK in the sandbox, I don't see it listed in the list of programs that are known to conflict with SBIE.

Now KS is listed on the Sandboxie's "application -> Security" tab, and will be detected by the compatiblily wizard of Sandboxie.

Earth, installing KS in a sandbox to try the program out should work fine. I don't think KS installs a driver, run the installer in a sandbox that's set not to delete, afterward run your browser in it. As you run the installer, SBIE will prompt you to add KS to the software compatibility list, click OK.

right, im running the Pro version (the free will change nothing i suppose) in Sandboxie, no conflicts for the moment

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
To prevent against stealers acquiring your firefox passwords while using Sandboxie go to :
Sandbox>Default Box>Sandbox settings> Resource Access>File Access>Blocked Access>Edit/Add
and copy paste the following lines : (one by one)

%Local AppData%\Mozilla\
%AppData%\Mozilla\
\Device\Mup\

Will this work with IceDragon?

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
%Local AppData%\Mozilla\
%AppData%\Mozilla\

%Local AppData%\Comodo\IceDragon
%AppData%\Comodo\IceDragon

Is this how I would add IceDragon?
I just want to make sure

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Well I have dragon and icedragon installed...
VF6IM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.