Guide | How To How To use Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Overview:

What is the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool?

When you purchase Windows 7 from Microsoft Store, you have the option to download an ISO file or compressed files. The Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool allows you to create a copy of your Windows 7 ISO file on a USB flash drive or a DVD. To create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive, download the ISO file and then run the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool. Once this is done, you can install Windows 7 directly from the USB flash drive or DVD. - More Info.

Getting Started:

Where can I download the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool & How much will it cost?

You can download the tool from the Microsoft Store and it is Free to download to use.
Visit Microsoft Store for Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

See End of How To.. said:
Warning: Before using an USB device (or other rewritable mediums). Make sure all existing data is backed up, since the device will be erased and formatted to NTFS.

q6lM6.png

How large is the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool?

The tool is less than 3MB in size.

Installation:

Can I run this tool on Mac OS or Linux?

No. The tool requires you to be running Windows XP SP2, Vista or 7. - More Info.

Usage:

Will the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool come with a copy of Windows 7?

No. The tool will be used to create a bootable Windows 7 installation from a downloaded Genuine Windows 7 OS ISO or compressed file. - More Info.

What are the requirements for creating to an USB/DVD & Can I use other mediums instead?

A minimum of 4GB of free space. You can, but not always recommended. - More Info.

Troubleshooting:

Click here if you need more help for using the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.

Screenshots:

Installer

OPHZw.png

Shortcut

VBcQM.png

Step 1 of 4 - Choose ISO File

PIyFI.png

Step 2 of 4 - Choose Media Type

sOIlz.png

Step 3 of 4 - Insert USB device (or DVD)

wwB0P.png

Step 4 of 4 - Creating bootable Windows 7 installation

This step takes approximately 10 minutes, but will vary depending on hardware and configuration.

A successful process

hLwId.png

Warning: Before using an USB device (or other rewritable mediums). Make sure all existing data is backed up, since the device will be erased and formatted to NTFS.

q6lM6.png

Please don't forget to Rate:
0w24J.png

Thank you.

Please PM me for any misinformation or broken links. - StormGTR

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Nice utility which I am shocked hasn't been more popular earlier on, ran across this a day or two ago while creating a boot-able usb that contains all versions of both x86 and x64 Windows 7. I also have started one that when done will contain both XP Home and Pro, Vista and Windows 7 in both x86 and x64 versions as desired.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Very nice useful tool. Will ad this to my list of tools. +4

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.