How to wipe PC safely?

V

viel

Thread author
Hi,
How do I wipe my PC safely, so the Malware never ever comes back?

Thanks

Reactions: SHvFl

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
If you're looking to disinfect a computer I suggest taking a look at this simple but elegant guide: How to remove a Trojan, Virus, Worm and Malware (Windows Help Guide)

You can't specifically stop the malware from coming back but you can always work on prevention by building a strong security configuration which normally start with real-time protection such as an antivirus, after this you can layer it with various other on-demand scanners - keylogger protection - vuln. patching - etc. I am sure if you look around the forum you can find a good guide on protection software. :)

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Format and you should be fine 99% of cases.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If you are running Windows 10, you can simply reset your PC via PC Settings to guarantee that no malware remains.
In alternative, you can run several scanners, the best being Zemana and Norton Power Eraser in my opinion, but you can't be absolutely sure this way.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.