How would you rate Outpost Security Suite Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hi, has anyone of us tried and tested outpost security suit pro. Is it worth to be installed on the system. I don't see it in much of discussion and comparison charts.

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
The firewall portion isn't too bad. It has good proactive protection. They use Virusbuster for the AV and it really isn't the greatest. The prompts from the HIPS can be kind of cryptic. I would place it just below ZoneAlarm for protection.
Will u recommend it?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The firewall portion isn't too bad. It has good proactive protection. They use Virusbuster for the AV and it really isn't the greatest. The prompts from the HIPS can be kind of cryptic. I would place it just below ZoneAlarm for protection.
Indeed, the antivirus seems to be the an issue with this product. They also need to improve the white list for their HIPS, and make the pop-ups more easy to understand for the regular non-techie users. Overall the product is good, but still a level down when compared with other paid security suites.
Here are 2 recent tests for Outpost Security Suite Pro:

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Indeed, the antivirus seems to be the an issue with this product. They also need to improve the white list for their HIPS, and make the pop-ups more easy to understand for the regular non-techie users. Overall the product is good, but still a level down when compared with other paid security suites.
Here are 2 recent tests for Outpost Security Suite Pro:

Thanks Jack. Though what will you recommend. I was using bitdefender security suit but because of Internet connectivity issue I uninstalled it yesterday. Which one should I go about for my security as a basic home user with heavy new application testing habit.

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
Thanks Jack. Though what will you recommend. I was using bitdefender security suit but because of Internet connectivity issue I uninstalled it yesterday. Which one should I go about for my security as a basic home user with heavy new application testing habit.

To test the new applications I recommend Virtualbox, and as a security solution on your PC I recommend Comodo Internet Security 7 + Sandboxie free or Shadow Defender-( cost 35 $)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It all depends on from where do you download your applications, if you just use a single trusted source like Softpedia then you will not need additional security features. If you download files from many sources some which maybe suspicious then use Sandboxie or VirtualBox to install them and test them. For basic real-time protection select a free AV like Avast, Avira, MSE (Windows Defender on Win8) or AVG with Windows Firewall. Utilize UAC prompts and never allow anything that you don't know for sure is safe and trusted and you should be protected. Third-party firewalls and security suites might give you the same Internet connectivity issues.

Enjoy!! :D

miketan77

Level 3
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
I'm using OFP and OSS, recently I found out a report from virus100 about windows 7 Pro. Here I attached the photo to you all to see it. I quite don't understand why agnitum got the result below than the others. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Attachments

• virus100.jpg
    virus100.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 485

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
its not the best.
i recommended if you want paid version buy Emsisoft or Eset or Webroot. Kaspersky and Bitdefender are good choice but Kaspersky is very heavy. if you want use free the best choice is Qihoo. another security software is not good.
if you want buy a Russian security software Dr.web is better than all!
you can see malware hub and see out post result its very bad result in all!

Reactions: MalwareT

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Last time i used Outpost the firewall let enter a Backdoor.PoisonIvy, luckily ESET and MBAM caught it!
As an antivirus i know it's medium but as a firewall and HIPS i'll give it 9/10

hakah

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
Littlebits: From your recommendation, you reckon choosing AVG with Windows Firewall. I am using AVG Internet Secuirty for few years. Does the firewall of AVG not so good in Real-time protection? Thanks!

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
out of 10 i give it 7 points.
plus, one thing u gotta keep in mind is that its power lies in its HIPS feature and it will bug u a lot with pop-ups so be prepared and dont install it for novice users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.