Troubleshoot HP Pavilion 13 won't wake from "sleep"

Durden

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
A convertable laptop. currently for example I have the laptop to never sleep , however , if I leave it to go idle for sometime , screen go black while the power button is fully lit and the fan is working, and no matter what I do the system refuses to come back unless I force powering it off..

Reactions: AtlBo

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I have the same problem on my HP desktop on Windows 10.
Same story, it does not wake up from sleep mode, I tried everything without solution, and at the end I have set up:

"Put the computer to sleep: Never".

Sometimes I use the hibernation mode and it works.
My PC natively ran Windows 7 and the problem started after Windows 10 upgrade, no idea why, maybe some driver incompatibility.

Here some general info:

Using Windows 10 Sleep And Hibernation Settings - Sleep And Hibernation Settings In Windows 10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kristeen Carter

Level 1
May 20, 2017
You can try a Hard Reset

Note: Hard Rest will erase all the information from the computer’s memory. And resetting the PC forces the system to clean and recreate the software connections btw the BIOS and hardware.

Follow below mentioned steps to perform hard reset on your computer:
  • First turn off the computer
  • Disconnect AC adapter
  • Remove the battery from the battery compartment
  • Now press and hold down the power button for 15-20 seconds to drain the residual electrical charge from the capacitors
  • Re-insert the battery and connect the AC adapter back to the PC
  • Press the power button to turn on the system, run Windows Update and update all device drivers.

Upvote 0

Durden

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
You can try a Hard Reset

Note: Hard Rest will erase all the information from the computer’s memory. And resetting the PC forces the system to clean and recreate the software connections btw the BIOS and hardware.

Follow below mentioned steps to perform hard reset on your computer:
  • First turn off the computer
  • Disconnect AC adapter
  • Remove the battery from the battery compartment
  • Now press and hold down the power button for 15-20 seconds to drain the residual electrical charge from the capacitors
  • Re-insert the battery and connect the AC adapter back to the PC
  • Press the power button to turn on the system, run Windows Update and update all device drivers.
I had actually tried that before I posted.. however it didn't help..
Thanks for the replay :)

Upvote 0

Durden

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
Are all the chipset drivers installed?
Yep they were.. anyway , I don't own it anymore .
However, I think it has something to do with windows 10, since my new Asus strix laptop suffers from the same issue but on much rarer occasions
Anyway Thank you mate :)

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Do you have any peripherals attached, such as mouse, printer, monitor, external keyboard, bluetooth devices, etc?
Try detaching everything that is not built into the computer.

Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Yep they were.. anyway , I don't own it anymore .
However, I think it has something to do with windows 10, since my new Asus strix laptop suffers from the same issue but on much rarer occasions
Anyway Thank you mate :)
Try disabling "fast startup" in power options.

Reactions: Durden
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.