Open MalwareTips in Safari and tap Share. You may need to open the Page Menu first.
Choose Add to Home Screen. If it is not listed, use Edit Actions to add it.
Keep Open as Web App enabled if shown, then tap Add.
Android
Open MalwareTips in Chrome or another browser that supports app installation.
Open the browser menu and look for Install app, Install and create shortcut, or Add to Home screen.
Choose Install and confirm. Wording varies by browser.
Desktop
Chrome: use the install icon in the address bar, or the menu under Cast, save and share.
Edge: open the menu, then More tools, Apps and Install this site as an app.
Safari on Mac: choose Share or File, then Add to Dock. Firefox on Windows: look for the web apps button in the address bar.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Keep up with your conversations
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Hello Rick,
What extensions do you have installed in Safari?
This is how you can see the extensions in Safari:
From the Safari menu, select “Preferences“.
In the Safari Preferences window, click the “Extensions” tab. Find any unknown extension, then click on the “Uninstall” button. This infection can add more than one extension, it is recommended that you remove all unknown extensions from Safari.
I cannot get to "Preferences" in Safari as it is greyed out when I try to open Safari.Even after I quit Safari & do a restart of the machine, I get the same thing upon reopening Safari.
All I was able to do is click OK button on the first hxxps://softwareupdaterlp.com page that came up, then immediately close the tab. I do not believe any malware had been put on my computer (a Mac Book Pro). If I did not click the first OK, I could not get to "Preferences" in Safari as it is greyed out when I try to open Safari.Even after I quit Safari & do a restart of the machine, I get the same thing upon reopening Safari.