Huawei immediately loses access to Google and Android updates!

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
The time has finally come for us to boycott Google! Before that, you're too lazy to care about privacy - now the American stalker is doing it for you! The imperialist American shoots his own goal! Buy Android smartphones directly from China:emoji_clap: There you get the communist iPhone called Xiaomi and own a modded Android system:notworthy:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Intel, Qualcomm and other US companies canceled them as well. Good riddance. Everyone in this forum said that Huawei spying was just rumors. If it's just rumors, why is the government so determined about this? It's not just politics. They know China's true intentions behind getting a foothold in American technology. Good riddance.
What if I say USA already has access to all info from products worldwide since decades?

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
Almost a death blow to Huawei.

Chinese will create their own OS, will be popular in China. Meh. Unless China becomes a democratic country, I wouldn't use it.

I don't like any government being able to force any company to comply. I like how Apple is fighting the FBI.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Last edited:

Hamxa

Level 1
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
The problem is that all the stuff US is accusing Huawei of, they themselves are the worst perpetrators of the same. US is afraid that China is exactly behaving like they do. So that is the problem.
I don't think that Huawei is any less secure or surveillance-free than other giants like Microsoft, Facebook or Google.
On the brighter side, we would not be shoved with google bloatware anymore, And one less profiling company for you if you use Huawei's devices. So there is a silver lining after all.
I really really hope that Huawei do not give in and break google's monopoly, which is better for the competition. Huawei did not really start this war but they could very well fight, and in the end we get a fair competition. I am glad huawei and samsung are using their own chips in latest flagship smartphones, which are still inferior than Snapdragons, but they will improve.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
There is a hypocrisy in the public that is rather sad. China bans MANY American companies because of politics and the United States has quietly tolerated it. Google can't even do anything in China. Google doesn't even have the Play Store in China because of the Chinese government. But if it is the other way around and the US is banning a Chinese company that has clear ties to Chinese spy agencies, we are bad? Living in the US, I would NOT be comfortable having 5G towers by Huawei surrounding me. That's a huge security vulnerability and literally any other security efforts would be undermined by that. Just because Europeans and Australians are naive enough to buy that narrative China is selling them doesn't mean Huawei is innocent. Ridiculous. Ban them completely until the Chinese provide true transparency. Or unban American companies in China.

Last edited:

Hamxa

Level 1
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
There is a hypocrisy in the public that is rather sad. China bans MANY American companies because of politics and the United States has quietly tolerated it. Google can't even do anything in China. Google doesn't even have the Play Store in China because of the Chinese government. But if it is the other way around and the US is banning a Chinese company that has clear ties to Chinese spy agencies, we are bad? Living in the US, I would NOT be comfortable having 5G towers by Huawei surrounding me. That's a huge security vulnerability and literally any other security efforts would be undermined by that. Just because Europeans and Australians are naive enough to buy that narrative China is selling them doesn't mean Huawei is innocent. Ridiculous. Ban them completely until the Chinese provide true transparency.
You are absolutely right, except US has not provided as ounce of evidence.

Edit: an

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
You are absolutely right, except US has not provided as ounce of evidence.

Edit: an
This argument again... They cannot leak sources and methods but anyone who is in the security industry knows that Huawei is absolutely phony. The intelligence community has briefed all Silicon Valley companies with classified intelligence so they know what is going on now.

Hamxa

Level 1
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
This argument again... They cannot leak sources and methods but anyone who is in the security industry knows that Huawei is absolutely phony. The intelligence community has briefed all Silicon Valley companies with classified intelligence so they know what is going on now.
Ohk.

Reactions: oldschool

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Are you saying it's tit for that and not the security matter ?
No, I'm not on the side of the Chinese government. If it was tit for tat, the Chinese economy would have collapsed. There are many Chinese companies that are free to operate. This is about security.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
No, I'm not on the side of the Chinese government. If it was tit for tat, the Chinese economy would have collapsed. There are many Chinese companies that are free to operate. This is about security.
This has nothing to do with security. It's about supremacy in 5G and leadership in the smartphone industry. Can the US swallow the double failures?

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
There is a hypocrisy in the public that is rather sad. China bans MANY American companies because of politics and the United States has quietly tolerated it. Google can't even do anything in China. Google doesn't even have the Play Store in China because of the Chinese government. But if it is the other way around and the US is banning a Chinese company that has clear ties to Chinese spy agencies, we are bad? Living in the US, I would NOT be comfortable having 5G towers by Huawei surrounding me. That's a huge security vulnerability and literally any other security efforts would be undermined by that. Just because Europeans and Australians are naive enough to buy that narrative China is selling them doesn't mean Huawei is innocent. Ridiculous. Ban them completely until the Chinese provide true transparency. Or unban American companies in China.
I hope UN doesn't intervene to make things worse for all countries saying only Home made lemonades are allowed to be used, so MNCs are dead in near future and so does innovation.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
This has nothing to do with security. It's about supremacy in 5G and leadership in the smartphone industry. Can the US swallow the double failures?

It actually does have to do with security --. and not just the spying variety. The Huawei code is pretty terrible in multiple ways. If you look around, you can find info on this.

And economists have already issued opinions to the administration that the action has a greater chance of increasing competition rather than stifling it.

And part of it is the problem of a blowhard president who likes the bravado of trade wars as opposed to negotiation and facilitation.

L

Local Host

Leaking exploits and providing evidence of a crime are entirely different, and the USA hasn't provided any evidence (in fact the USA accusations were discredited by other countries, the same way Kaspersky accusations were).

American companies are allowed in China, provided they prove they not spying for the USA government and obey local laws, something Google failed, but both Microsoft and Apple had success with.

Google was pretty much bypassing Chinese filters and going against the local law, they would be fairly banned in any country for that offense (they lucky in EU they only been paying fines so far, if it was me Google would be banned here as well), when operating in other countries you must obey their laws.

I shouldn't even need to mention that China bans don't affect other countries.

Last edited:

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015

Exactly.

China can ban anything at will and they do, including Google's Youtube. Arbitrary arrests (happened to 2 Canadians recently). This is a Communist regime. Tienanmen Square massacre.

Any country that can massacre it's own citizens at will and relatively recently, be cautious.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.