Huchim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
This is a clean install of windows with Appguard at default settings
Using Ublock at medium mode with adguard's filters

I'm using also Sandboxie free on demand for unknown apps and also for chrome in incognito for bank transactions and online shopping

Previously I wasn't using AV but a lot of tweaks in windows like Software Restriction Policies, blocking elevation for unsigned apps and since 1 month I'm with appguard for main protection and sandboxie for unknown apps

This give me a excellent performance and rarely updates with maximum protection with Appguard at lockdown mode

Huchim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
I used to have password manager but I have deleted almost all my accounts and let some bunch of necesary accounts so I don't need it and don't rely on that kind of software, just using different strongs password and two-step verification when is available. I'm agree with system image even if W8.1 is very stable I will use the windows in-buit for that, thanks

@Umbra , Windows 8.1 pro because it was the default on my laptop, is very stable and mainly because there are some programs that run without problems for W8.1, 7, Vista, Xp and I use it for my school (geosciences), examples: surfer (licensed), res2dinv

Last edited by a moderator:

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Good config! Do you have Windows Defender enabled?

Huchim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Good config! Do you have Windows Defender enabled?

No, I disabled Windows Defender with SRP.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm expecting to add info about backup solution soon, I'll try some there since I have never used that kind of software :p

Reactions: Rengar
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.