Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Hurricane Sandy may have forced Google to cancel the New York event, but even the storm can't stop LG from announcing the Nexus 4. The phone leaked extensively, so there's little about it that's unknown (it's based on the LG Optimus G), but let's go over the specs one last time.
The LG Nexus 4 has a 4.7" True HD IPS Plus screen with WXGA resolution (768 x 1280, 15:9 aspect ratio). It's powered by a Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset with four Krait cores at 1.5GHz, 2GB RAM and Adreno 320 GPU.
The phone is running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (so no Key Lime Pie) and you get a choice between 8GB and 16GB storage options (there's no microSD card).

Source: http://gsmarena.com/hurricanes_be_damned_the_lg_nexus_4_goes_official-news-5013.php

Nice specs ruined by Non-expandable storage of 16GB Maximum, weird.

EDIT: They cost very less to get a MicroSD Slot in a phone. But according to what I understood, they want to force us to use Google Drive.

Anyway it is not a problem for me. I have used about 1.7 GB from the 13GB available storage on my tablet. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The "Nexus" is a Google name, correct?

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Earth said:

Yes. It is a Google brand for their flagship devices. They run vanilla Android with no skins from the vendors.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:

In addition to what BSOD mentioned, they get the newest Android version really fast and directly from Google. What BSOD means by Vanilla is that it is a completely stock Android. You can see how the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S got the Android 4.1 upgrade after a maximum of two weeks from its announcement, except for the carrier locked devices (eg: Verizon), the Verizon Galaxy Nexus got the update after a very long time.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:

The only reason i didn't buy the nexus prime was for the sole reason that it didn't have expandable memory :(. Why google why?!?! :(. I think i read there was a 32GB ver available as well, please correct if i am wrong.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
mercurial said:
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:

The only reason i didn't buy the nexus prime was for the sole reason that it didn't have expandable memory :(. Why google why?!?! :(. I think i read there was a 32GB ver available as well, please correct if i am wrong.

It has not been announced so there is no 32GB version. Maybe they will release it later as what happened with Nexus 7, which was announced in the day of JB announcement or a few days after. A 32GB version was released few days ago. But I think they learnt from their mistake that there is a high demand for 32GB versions, why repeat the same mistake again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.