Battle Hypothetical Real-time Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Humor me a bit, and pretend that you can use a combination of ANY three real-time security products without any of them conflicting with each other. Also pretend that all real-time security products are free of charge. With that in mind, which three would you use?
Use your imagination and pick apart suites, and firewall/HIPS combos, and list trifectas that would cause chaos in the real world, but would protect better than any real-time, three-tool combination out there right now.
Even if your three choices would not conflict, let us know what you prefer.
Choose from AV's, anti-malware programs, HIPS, HIDS, NIDS, firewalls, behavior blockers, etc. If something is a combo, such as a firewall plus HIPS, or AV plus HIPS, it counts as two. If it is a current suite, you can still only claim a max of the three available real-time tools in that particular suite.

So let us mix and match any three that our hearts desire.

My choice would be as follows:

MBAM Pro, Threatfire, and ESET HIPS.

D

Deleted member 178

RE: Hypothetical Realtime Security

why do that topic? just read some of my old configs :D

more seriously:

lightness-oriented: Panda Av + Comodo FW + ESET HIPS

detection-oriented: Gdata Av + MBAM Pro + Comodo FW

prevention-oriented: EAM av + TF + comodo HIPS

bonus: the one i will do for the fun if my computer was High-end; compatible, real and efficient.

Emsisoft IS pack + Avast Pro + kingsoft IS + Webroot SA

5 compatible AV + 3 BB + 1 FW + 1 HIPS + 1 full sandbox + 3 policy sandboxes

in fact i can do it actually but i need the avast pro license :lolz:

Thanks, give me my kudos now :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Umbra, a max of 3 RT only.

Unspecified choices : "avast pro + Cis + ESET SS" = (AV+SBox+BB) + (AV+HIPS+SBox+FW) + (AV+HIPS+FW) = 10 = X3 over ZOU's rule :p (highlighted in bold).

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
detection-oriented: Gdata Av + MBAM Pro + Comodo HIPS

I like that one.

Unspecified choices : "avast pro + Cis + ESET SS" = (AV+SBox+BB) + (AV+HIPS+SBox+FW) + (AV+HIPS+FW) = 10 = X3 over ZOU's rule Tongue (highlighted in bold).

Good grief man. Have you lost your mind?? LOLOL
No wonder you took the name of my native planet. haha
Cheers.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
in fact, Earth quoted me, i misunderstood your rules

Oh. I see now.
He is too far gone anyway. I know this because I have known that character quite a while now. :)
There is still hope for you though Umbra, so shape up. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.