I always wondered this if I am logged in already to my banking account or any high valve account is it safer than logging into it from the login page?

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Lets say over a public wifi network.

Basically what I am asking is if I never sign in with my username and password but am already logged in is it safer ?

I know it is recommended or almost always best to use a vpn over a public wifi network.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Basically what I am asking is if I never sign in with my username and password but am already logged in is it safer ?

I know it is recommended or almost always best to use a vpn over a public wifi network.

Keep it simple. Sign out of all accounts. On a public network? Hmm, I don't use them for anything important.

P

Pkjfkknm

equally unsafe
insert script into webpage
steal session cookie
stolen session cookie used to login
other ways too

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
AFAIK it is much safer to just use the banking app on your smartphone.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.