Solved I can't access some sites all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I need help. I did a scan with JetClean and now I cannot access some sites, like youtube and yahoo answers , all of a sudden. It's like my internet was affected. I tried with several browsers and I rebooted my pc and by router, I did a scan with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware free, there are no viruses or trojans on my PC. I don't know what to do.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Press Win +R, copy-paste this:

Code:
notepad %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Press Enter. Check if you see any suspicious items in the file.

Upvote 0

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
this
Hope these help to you
That seems to have helped. I will have to check all websites and see, but the ones that were previously unaccessable work now. Thank you. I will update this thread if I encounter any further problems.

Also, the title was supposed to say "access", not "answer", and I cannot modify it. Perhaps a moderator could...

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I use CCleaner but not for registry cleaning!
It does more harm than good with no discernible increase in performance!
It can "break" your registry!
I agree even though CCleaner is more safe than other cleaners, registry cleaners usually cause more problems than what they fix.
Also some aggressive cleaners can delete important system and user settings, always pay close attention to what you want to clean.
Lite cleaners don't clean as much but are more safer than the ones that clean a lot.

Deleting browser cache, cookies and temp files usually just causes your browser to run slower because everything has to be created again, so the only time I delete these items is when I have a problem with a website.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.