Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
And my speeds are nuts! check out my siggy below :D

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Uggghhhh...... FIOS NEEDS TO COME TO MY AREA! IM SICK OF WAITING!

Anyhow, Nice :D.

I'm using the standard Verizon High speed internet and it sucks :(
They just need to put FIOS in my area, How are you liking it?

EDIT:
Here's mine:

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Here is mine i suppose nothing compared to MRF71
2210936447.png

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
3link9 said:
Uggghhhh...... FIOS NEEDS TO COME TO MY AREA! IM SICK OF WAITING!

Anyhow, Nice :D.

I'm using the standard Verizon High speed internet and it sucks :(
They just need to put FIOS in my area, How are you liking it?

EDIT:
Here's mine:

It's amazing, my bro-in-law has their best package which is 75m down I think and maybe around 20m up which is crazy fast also but mine is just fine and it's all we need :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well don't we all wish we had those speeds ;)

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Thanks Madyrocksin

Yea cant complain about anything except that sometimes i notice slowdown in streaming videos at peak hours which is the biggest turnoff for me

Between MRF71 How Much Do you pay for your internet Connection since i pay around 15 USD for my 1mb/s connection which is high as compared to my previous connection before i shifted and had to Change my ISP which was around 10 USD for 1mb/s

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
you guys really have fast internet connection....here's mine :dodgy:.....
2210197810.png

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
loveboy_lion said:
Thanks Madyrocksin

Yea cant complain about anything except that sometimes i notice slowdown in streaming videos at peak hours which is the biggest turnoff for me

Between MRF71 How Much Do you pay for your internet Connection since i pay around 15 USD for my 1mb/s connection which is high as compared to my previous connection before i shifted and had to Change my ISP which was around 10 USD for 1mb/s

Honestly i'm not sure because we have phone, tv and internet package for 109 a month

Maybe you all could help me...I have great speeds with the desktops but even when the laptop is next to the router my speeds aren't near as good with wireless?
They say it's on a "dedicated line" and speeds should be the same no matter what but that's not what is happening :huh:

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
MRF71 said:
...I have great speeds with the desktops but even when the laptop is next to the router my speeds aren't near as good with wireless?
They say it's on a "dedicated line" and speeds should be the same no matter what but that's not what is happening :huh:

Nice speed you are getting MRF, congratulations. Mine is not as good but is fine for me as long as I am able to get close to the 5MB that I am supposed to get. I usually get the 5MB except at around 6/10PM. I have no limitations on downloads.

On my laptop, I get same speed as on the desktop when placed next to the router. I don't know why you don't get the same speed but if I was you, I would not trust anything about it coming from your ISP. I have learn over the years that they lie all the time so be suspicious of anything they tell you.

On a side note. I notice my ping is a lot higher than everybody's who posted a picture on this thread, Does anyone knows what that means?

Bo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We've been on a 2Mb connection for several years now. For improved reliability, performance I use PowerLine HD for gaming.

You could change your Router Channel:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21132/change-your-wi-fi-router-channel-to-optimize-your-wireless-signal/

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
bo.elam said:
MRF71 said:
...I have great speeds with the desktops but even when the laptop is next to the router my speeds aren't near as good with wireless?

Nice speed you are getting MRF, congratulations. Mine is not as good but is fine for me as long as I am able to get close to the 5MB that I am supposed to get. I usually get the 5MB except at around 6/10PM. I have no limitations on downloads.

On my laptop, I get same speed as on the desktop when placed next to the router. I don't know why you don't get the same speed but if I was you, I would not trust anything about it coming from your ISP. I have learn over the years that they lie all the time so be suspicious of anything they tell you.

On a side note. I notice my ping is a lot higher than everybody's who posted a picture on this thread, Does anyone knows what that means?

Bo

Thanks Bo, yea I know isp's aren't comletely honest with you and verizon is a cut throat company because my wife used to work for them.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.