I have gone back to NOD 32.

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I tried the new Kaspesky standard,. I was overwhelmed with its speed. But after I had used it a week, I could see that NOD 32 was inevitably the lightest. It started with I could see my computer in idle mode was at 2%.with Kaspersky. Eset is on 0% idle. But it was when I had many tabs open, it was most obvious.
I remain an Eset user. :)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It's great to hear about your positive experience with NOD 32! Eset indeed focuses on providing a lightweight and efficient security solution. Enjoy your seamless browsing experience! :)

Mar 10, 2024
Well, Kaspersky has a better, more proactive behavior blocker, and it's undoubtedly better than ESET against 0-day malware.
You know this claim because you actually used all of Eset modules to their full capabilities, adding manual rules to both the Hips and firewall as well as adjusting all the advanced settings?

It's ok to like one product over another, it's not ok to claim a product ineffective if you do not know how to use it properly, which some products are just too advanced for most users.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
You know this claim because you actually used all of Eset modules to their full capabilities, adding manual rules to both the Hips and firewall as well as adjusting all the advanced settings?

It's ok to like one product over another, it's not ok to claim a product ineffective if you do not know how to use it properly, which some products are just too advanced for most users.
Overall... Kaspersky's HEUR and BB is better then ESET. Not opinion but test data. Either way who cares

Mar 10, 2024
Right, but do you have to manually apply rules in Kaspersky to get the excellent results it achieves with its default settings?
That's not the point, no one is bashing Kaspersky without knowing how to use it. They are bashing an application that many of them have no clue how to utilize. What benefit does it apply to users, this misinforming based on ego and attitude.

They are designed differently. File integrity is not a one based solution as there are different methods of detecting changes.

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Well, Kaspersky has a better, more proactive behavior blocker, and it's undoubtedly better than ESET against 0-day malware.
I know. But I know NOD 32 so well, and know it's a very qualified AV. IRL I'm not sure the difference is so big. I do know system watcher is a very good module in K, but Eset have its strengths too. I use a standard account, and I make sure to think all the time when I surf, so I feel reasonably safe. As one said, in 2024 Windows is not that easy to get infected if you watch it.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
They test at defaults. Eset is an advanced application with manual rules to be applied, but your right who cares if we wrongly inform others from lack of knowledge.
So is Kaspersky... I am Vendor Agnostic so I don't care o_O:LOL: I used to be an ESET Fanboy also from v2
1712680322630.png

I don't even use Kaspersky

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
It's ok to like one product over another, it's not ok to claim a product ineffective
Wait, I reread the topic starter a couple times and didn't see a word about effectiveness, it's all about performance. I've long believed that installing Eset is essentially a tweak to improve OS performance while keeping it secure compared to Defender and most other solutions, except Norton, which is also as lightweight as possible.

Kaspersky has a better, more proactive behavior blocker, and it's undoubtedly better than ESET against 0-day malware.
This is true of course, but Eset Smart Security is also good at zero-day protection, if we are not talking about targeted attacks, thanks to cloud sandboxing, also according to all tests Eset is in the top 5, so the difference in protection allows you to choose a solution within the scope of what you are more comfortable and like to use.

Mar 10, 2024
Wait, I reread the topic starter a couple times and didn't see a word about effectiveness, it's all about performance. I've long believed that installing Eset is essentially a tweak to improve OS performance while keeping it secure compared to Defender and most other solutions, except Norton, which is also as lightweight as possible.

This is true of course, but Eset Smart Security is also good at zero-day protection, if we are not talking about targeted attacks, thanks to cloud sandboxing, also according to all tests Eset is in the top 5, so the difference in protection allows you to choose a solution within the scope of what you are more comfortable and like to use.
This is what happens when you take something out of context. It wasn't aimed at op but at another responders comment.

Eset not only has zero day protection built in but the hips can be configured, it can be made so strict it triggers false positives. It's a matter of understanding the product and how to configure it was my point.

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
As far as I'm concerned, Kaspersky and ESET are pretty much identical.
I've been an ESET user for a long time, and the same goes for Kaspersky.
There's good and bad in both. Detection is relatively good on both.
But I chose Kaspersky because it's relatively automatic (and I'm a big slacker, I don't want to bother with configuration and end up with lots of false positives... it'll annoy me most of all xDD ).

After that, I wouldn't say no to going back to Eset (even if they don't like GigaByte and AMD files), but I prefer Kaspersky :)

Mar 10, 2024
As far as I'm concerned, Kaspersky and ESET are pretty much identical.
I've been an ESET user for a long time, and the same goes for Kaspersky.
There's good and bad in both. Detection is relatively good on both.
But I chose Kaspersky because it's relatively automatic (and I'm a big slacker, I don't want to bother with configuration and end up with lots of false positives... it'll annoy me most of all xDD ).

After that, I wouldn't say no to going back to Eset (even if they don't like GigaByte and AMD files), but I prefer Kaspersky :)
Now that's an honest and accurate assessment.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.