Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
2q9mgw3.png

LOLOL :)

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I can still play spades, but that error message, and another message pops up every time.
I was browsing through PCHunter and saw a red line item entitled: WINDOWS COMMUNICATION FOUNDATION.
There is some connection because that line item did not exist before the error messages commenced.
Microsoft.NET framework related.............only shows up with the rest of the system processes in PCHunter, but not Comodo Killswitch, nor Task Manager

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I have a restore point available. I kind of expected this because while I only run a registry cleaner about once a year, I run PowerTools Lite as aggressive as you can. This is the first error or mishap that I have ever had after running PTLite.
I can still play spades, but I get two error messages every time I open the program.

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Registry cleaners bit me too many times, I stay away now and never have any problems

Upvote 0

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Gnosis said:
I have a restore point available. I kind of expected this because while I only run a registry cleaner about once a year, I run PowerTools Lite as aggressive as you can. This is the first error or mishap that I have ever had after running PTLite.
I can still play spades, but I get two error messages every time I open the program.

for your annual spring cleaning Gnosis have you considered installing and using Revo Uninstaller Pro? options include
• Uninstaller
• Autorun Manager
• Junk Files Cleaner
• Windows Tools
• Browsers Cleaner
• Micro$oft Office Cleaner
• Windows Cleaner
• Backup Manager
• etc etc

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This is a common error caused when you have an adblocker enabled.

Disable all adblocking tools and sometimes personal firewalls, restart IE and it should work.

Thanks.:D

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
This is a common error caused when you have an adblocker enabled.

Disable all adblocking tools and sometimes personal firewalls, restart IE and it should work.

While your advice is sound and will be useful to others, it appeared to be a result of running a registry sweeper on overzealous mode. LOL I simply restored via backup. I was not going to worry about it until I saw that MBAM was broken and I could not install a new version. Some software would install and run, but some would not, such as: MBAM, and Secunia.

I knew the risks before I did what I did. Sometimes I like to be a little insane. LOL Having backups makes me a little less insane, a little.

NOTE: PowerTools Lite is fine if you run in default mode and feel some urge to use a potentially unneeded registry cleaner. However, if you do as I did and run it as aggressively as one can while opting to "delete" instead of "fix", it is one dangerous program, esp. if you don't create restore points and maintain a backup plan vie PTLIte.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.