I know that I have "getsearchredirect" but I can't get rid of it. I think it's a Bing + Edge thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2OGuy

Thread author
Aug 24, 2022
Will do! I can't thank you enough for your assistance. I'll keep you posted if the Windows 10 forum is able to assist.

Thanks again.

H2OGuy

Thread author
Aug 24, 2022
Hi, nasdaq.

I seem to have solved it! Went to Settings --> Apps --> Edge (modify) Then did a complete reinstall of Edge completely. It loaded cleanly and identified what was probably the source of the malware, an add-on.

The people at the Windows help section made me go back again to the removal guide, and I thought "what the hell" I'd look through my list of programs one more time. Again, there wasn't any program to uninstall. No obvious malware. Just reinstalling Edge worked, and I seem to have cleared it up!

I can't thank you enough for all of your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.