I left my CCleaner ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I left my CCleaner .. because with the closing IE8 deletes ALL (I've checked: Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed).:cool:

Thank you M$ for your automatic updates.

That's it.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I don't have that because I do a clean out 1 every 2 weeks, not every time I close the browser.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
There is no use of CCleaner if you just clean your Internet browser's temporary files. But, if you want to clean the registry, remove Windows Temporary Files and all that stuff then CCleaner is for you, it's a great system tuning tool.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@McLovin,
But the fact that you are interested in computer security and take an active part in discussions on our site MalwareTips - well testifies about you, so do not worry too much about cleaning ..;)

@WinAndLinuxTutorials,
Surely, surely. Yes.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I bet most people on the forum use CCleaner and what you is totally up to you.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'I bet most people on the forum use CCleaner and what you is totally up to you.'

- Can be .. maybe I am a kind of precursor, clear-sighted in some way, who knows .. I apologize!:D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Been using CCleaner since version 1.

For me it's an essential program and there's nothing else better at what it does.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
So you basically clean your temp files, history etc... everytime you close IE8 ? Isn't that a little annoying?
I for one have the custom to clean my history and other details before shunting down my system. by using the right-click option on the Recycle bin 'Run Ccleaner' .....
GV6bt.png

I'm also using CCleaner to check my startup programs and clean my registry...so I have other uses for it.

P

Plexx

Using CCleaner since version 1.x, and it has improved a lot!

Tried other similar tools but still prefer good old CCleaner.

I

illumination

I use Ccleaner myself, after every browser session.. Have tried many tools before settling on this one, and have been using it since..

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
CCleaner is one of the main essential tools that I use on my systems.
It does more than just clean temp files and it is very safe to use.

Thanks.:D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I use CCleaner every time I close my browser and when I want restart or shutdown my laptop. I do not want "cookies" or "temporary files", stored on my hard drive. :)

Cheers guys.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I'm sorry, hopefully you two can get back together.
Go on the web and meet new cleaners, you will find one, you will.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@Jack,
Quote:
'So you basically clean your temp files, history etc... everytime you close IE8 ? Isn't that a little annoying?'

- Maybe I was not explicit enough .. I've also checked all the options under the 'Delete' in 'General' in IE8 Tools. Then it's IE8, which itself automatically in 3 or 4 seconds, that cleans up temporary files, history, cookies, and other Web data - every time when I close my browser.

For CCleaner then nothing remains of it except cleaning of the Registry.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In Windows I've never complain about clearing browser history every time it close and used CCleaner without problems.

Until now this cleaner is one of the recommended at any PC/laptop.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@jamescv7,

We should understand each other better and better: I have nothing against CCleaner. I said that CCleaner has nothing to eat (except the left Registry files) after the close of my IE8 .. No left files to clean.
So nothing to eat.;)

We wish you a Merry Christmas!

Let it Snow ..:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh, sorry for misunderstanding your post. :) Well for me in Firefox every time I closed with cleared browser history then opened CCleaner it caught the temp files always.

Merry Christmas to you also. :)

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
It is one of my favorite programs. Not too strong but it cleans whats necessary and (usually)it does not create problems.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.