I sent a letter to WhatsApp (Facebook). Today I got an answer

L

Local Host

I doubt Discord is bad on privacy either but I do not know - the UI is pretty easy to use and it supports server group chats. Slack is really convenient and it has worked well for me whenever I've used it, no problems.

Edit:
The Discord message removal feature definitely works or at-least Discord make it appear this way. I've never found any deleted messages on the data take-out logs and I've waited at-least a month for a data take-out just to test this in the past.
Discord is not exactly trust-able either,

E

Eddie Morra

Discord is not exactly trust-able either,
It's interesting, thanks for letting me know about that.

I'll use them regardless of that since nothing I use Discord for is important or critical... I mainly use Discord because it is just convenient to use for personal conversations which don't contain sensitive/confidential information. I'd be disappointed if data was leaked but at the same time, it isn't going to be damaging/catastrophic to me, and it wouldn't be something I'd need to worry about given how I use Discord.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'd like data to be leaked, because that would be foolish. What I am trying to say is that despite the inability to sue if such were to happen, I wouldn't be fussed about it personally because it wouldn't affect me much.

Discord tends to be marketed to gamers anyway so the likelihood is that serious people who need to have serious or confidential conversations will be using work-promoting platforms, but who knows.

E

Eddie Morra

In Europe, no. There are many clauses, a relevant one is Article 77 of the GDPR ("Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority").

It appears the revoke attempt of legal rights doesn't even affect me anyway since I am currently in the EU but only until my country has finished leaving the EU (unless GDPR is still enforced for the UK if and when this happens).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.