Advice Request I uninstalled Bitdefender TS - Heavy & Buggy. Money lost! - Is this normal?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
...you just ignore the line where i said the Admitted it to me ! And immediately refunded me after 3 months.
I am not sure why you want to continue the discussion. Your situation was clear. It was evident that their software did not work with your VPN, so why should you buy it? That was the sufficient reason for the reclamation.
Please, read my posts again. Everything I wrote, can be logically concluded from the information that you wrote. And it does not look like defending BitDefender.

This is my last post here, because our discussion is off topic, and I opened the new thread: What is a bug?(y)

Post edited.

Last edited:

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I am not sure why you want to continue the discussion. Your situation was clear. It was evident that their software did not work with your VPN, so why should you buy it? That was the sufficient reason for the reclamation.
Please, read my posts again. Everything I wrote, can be logically concluded from the information that you wrote. And it does not look like defending BitDefender.

This is my last post here, because our discussion is off topic, and I opened the new thread: What is a bug?(y)

Post edited.
So hard for you to read correct. I stop in this topic.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
i´ve used bitdefender in the past and one month ago i installed again to see if if changed, well it was the same, few things to point are the laggy UI (some times settings are lost after close etc). One thing that bothers me a lot is the fact that every time bitdefender tries to update itself the proccess that manage that, starts to read the disk in a horrible way (me for example being a gamer, a huge disk usage will result in a drop in FPS), back in 2013 with another pc, i experienced the same issues(so if you dont have a SSD you may suffer from some slow down while updating, worse case is the fact that the update process may take up to 3 minutes, since it takes ages to "process" the definitions it uses). Other thing to notice is that the firewall itself may interfere with other programs.

However i do prefer to use bitdefender in a non-direct way, products that implements their SDK(signatures) are proven to be really good for example emsisoft or f-secure, so their signatures are excellent but the main thing (the product itself, is laggy or heavy in a normal day of usage). the problem here is that their signatures are way to heavy, so in any product that contains bitdefender SDK you should expect a 200MB or more on RAM usage.

One thing I want to ask to @cruelsister is: bitdefender IPS or active control is really good? i mean i know is not bullet proof but at least "it does somethnig?" in the past i knew bitdefender for it decent behaviour againts zero days, but know i dont know for now.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I gave 2018 a good try & just could not get on with it despite many glowing tests, I recently tried the latest version & decided it was never going to be for me, I'm not really sure why?. Most AV's ether give a month trial or your money back, IMO that's enough to decide whether its for you or not, we all though have different wants & needs. I keep ending up with Kaspersky & Panda on my lappys. I do like messing with software again I'm not sure why :)

Last edited:

AV-Freak

Level 1
Verified
Feb 14, 2018
I haven't tested ESET and Avast at that outbreak..But ESET will lose the war since it doesn't have any self dynamic analysis
This was posted in Eset's forum. They say that they had done well in terms of proactive protection.

Attachments

• eoe.jpg
    eoe.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 328

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
You should rather avoid such general statements, based on your individual single-event experience. General statements require some objective basis.
Every AV can be buggy for some users. Also, the new upcoming versions have usually more bugs. Most AV vendors refund the money if the AV does not work well on the consumer system. Some problems may be related to the special hardware or software configuration, some may be introduced by the consumer who uses more than one security software or changes the security several times.
Look at the post above yours - it is far more specific and less general (you even did not mention the Bitdefender version).
Be safe.(y)

Yeah.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
This was posted in Eset's forum. They say that they had done well in terms of proactive protection.
Got it ! What they have said that firewall was blocking Wanna cry @ the network port level ..is too nothing but a signature roll out.
Statements with out evidence is vain.
Eset was vulnerable to almost all the ransomwares i tested. It was the only PAID AV that was defeated against all the ransomwares.
Check the review forum once!

Reactions: AV-Freak and Nestor

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.