Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Yesteday I got a mail from "agent 12". "
Hey Nevi
""I am agent 12(!) Someone hired me to kill you. I got every detail info about you, your home address, your daily schedule, and that of your family.
For your safety and that of your family, Do not make the mistake of involving the cops or FBI in this. Do not think you would use another's phone
to communicate because all your activities are closely monitored
If you do anything stupid, I will be left with no option, but to do my job and leave.
This is Urgent. Reply me asap""

I wrote back and answered what he could do with his threat. Now it would great if the idiot tell me to send him money, then I'm totally sure it's a hoax.
Have anybody else here on MT tried this? :)

rndmblk

Level 3
Nov 18, 2020
Makes me wonder if actually threatening to harm you might be a step too far and (for once) the local police might actually do something if you reported it.

Not having a go at law enforcement, I understand they're still playing catch up on "internet things", but they might see a threat to kill someone as more important than a prince trying to sell you a box of gold bars?

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
Yesteday I got a mail from "agent 12". "
Hey Nevi
""I am agent 12(!) Someone hired me to kill you. I got every detail info about you, your home address, your daily schedule, and that of your family.
For your safety and that of your family, Do not make the mistake of involving the cops or FBI in this. Do not think you would use another's phone
to communicate because all your activities are closely monitored
If you do anything stupid, I will be left with no option, but to do my job and leave.
This is Urgent. Reply me asap""

I wrote back and answered what he could do with his threat. Now it would great if the idiot tell me to send him money, then I'm totally sure it's a hoax.
Have anybody else here on MT tried this? :)
If was me ..I will write him back: Hello agent 12, I think you got the wrong guy and you have involve FBI at the moment you have write me...what a lucky guy :))

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Makes me wonder if actually threatening to harm you might be a step too far and (for once) the local police might actually do something if you reported it.

Not having a go at law enforcement, I understand they're still playing catch up on "internet things", but they might see a threat to kill someone as more important than a prince trying to sell you a box of gold bars?

If was me ..I will write him back: Hello agent 12, I think you got the wrong guy and you have involve FBI at the moment you have write me...what a lucky guy :))
I dont even wanna report it to the police. After he found out I wasn't terrified, I have not heard further from him, and I don't assume he will write more. It's probably a 12 year old that wanna try to make people scared. :sleep::)

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
For this reason you have to write him back and say that you are from FBI and you will investigate him , before sending you can use an tracking email app like "Streak CRM" and if email will be opended you can see his location and send a second mail with his aprox location ...just to scare him . of course if is a child :)))

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
For this reason you have to write him back and say that you are from FBI and you will investigate him , before sending you can use an tracking email app like "Streak CRM" and if email will be opended you can see his location and send a second mail with his aprox location ...just to scare him . of course if is a child :)))
That was actually a good one. If I hear more from him, I will give him/her that one to chew one. Thanks.:LOL:

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I would send him this edited "Heat" script

Hello Agent 12

We're talking here like a couple of regular fellas. I mean, You do what you do. I do what I gotta do. What happens if I am there and I got to put you away?
I won't like it. But, if I have to chose between you and me, brother, YOU ARE GOING DOWN!

:D

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I would send him this edited "Heat" script

Hello Agent 12

We're talking here like a couple of regular fellas. I mean, You do what you do. I do what I gotta do. What happens if I am there and I got to put you away?
I won't like it. But, if I have to chose between you and me, brother, YOU ARE GOING DOWN!

:D
I think he had thought I would have wrote back to him, Oh what am I going to do? And then he would have told me "send 300 euro in bitcoins."
If he had been legit, I wouldn't have heard anything. Such a clown. :rolleyes:

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
At least, it was a creative message. Better than the usual 10000€ that someone left you in Africa, and they need money to send you the money.
The usual social hacking, with creative variations.

Be happy your messages are better than my:

Dear Customer,

Your package is ready for delivery. confirm payment € 2.99 in the link below. Note: the check must be done within 48 hours. click on the following link:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Seems to me that agent 12 is probably aged 12 ? I mean it`s not really a good idea to forewarn your intended target, is it ?

So just reply with "I`m going to tell your mummy"and that should put an end to it.

It gave me a laugh anyway.

Regards Eck:)

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 78429

You should try something from Liam Neeson's (Brian Mills) 'Taken' 😆
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you tell me who hired you, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you."

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
Tell him you are suicidal and sick of life anyways, and thank him for doing you the favor. Watch how quickly he looses interest. Obviously some sort of scam, trying to use fear to scare you into to providing some sort of information / money, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.