Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hey @Nevi my friend ..Let me know if you want me to send you one of these for self defence
Yesteday I got a mail from "agent 12". "
Hey Nevi
""I am agent 12(!) Someone hired me to kill you. I got every detail info about you, your home address, your daily schedule, and that of your family.
For your safety and that of your family, Do not make the mistake of involving the cops or FBI in this. Do not think you would use another's phone
to communicate because all your activities are closely monitored
If you do anything stupid, I will be left with no option, but to do my job and leave.
This is Urgent. Reply me asap""

I wrote back and answered what he could do with his threat. Now it would great if the idiot tell me to send him money, then I'm totally sure it's a hoax.
Have anybody else here on MT tried this? :)
Hey buddy don't worry it's just a hoax,...However I would make a report to the authorities to track down his arse :mad:

Bill W

Level 1
Verified
Mar 30, 2013
Have a look at this Ted talk from a few years ago:

If this is your primary or important email address, then I would recommend sending it to the Spam box and be done with it. On the other hand, if this is a less important email address and you want to have some fun, then there is no harm in spinning up a VM with a VPN and play the fraudsters just as they are trying to play you. Your efforts will probably tie up their resources which means they will have less time to scam other poor victims.
That said, I would not recommend this course of action to people with a nervous disposition, but for everyone else why not?

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
An assassin that warns his victim beforehand wouldn't last long in the market...
Exactly.
Am I the only one wondering: How did this schmuck get your name and email address in the first place, Nevi? :unsure:
My e mail was hacked 2 years ago, so that's probably where he got it. He has probably bought a lot of e mails.
Hey @Nevi my friend ..Let me know if you want me to send you one of these for self defence

Hey buddy don't worry it's just a hoax,...However I would make a report to the authorities to track down his arse :mad:
No I dont worry. He has been so un professional that I have pain in my stomach laughing. :)
Have a look at this Ted talk from a few years ago:

If this is your primary or important email address, then I would recommend sending it to the Spam box and be done with it. On the other hand, if this is a less important email address and you want to have some fun, then there is no harm in spinning up a VM with a VPN and play the fraudsters just as they are trying to play you. Your efforts will probably tie up their resources which means they will have less time to scam other poor victims.
That said, I would not recommend this course of action to people with a nervous disposition, but for everyone else why not?
Yes that was what I did, but I have not heard from him since, so I don't think I will hear more from this idiot. Thanks man. :)

venustus yes I know. I don't worry about this fool. I have sent our net scam force in Copenhagen his mail, so let's hope they get him. Thanks buddy. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I wrote back and answered what he could do with his threat. Now it would great if the idiot tell me to send him money, then I'm totally sure it's a hoax.
Have anybody else here on MT tried this? :)
Ignored the most basic advice that you give to 5 years olds. They now know (bot or not), that the email address is occupied.

Do not talk to strangers!

Good luck with your future endeavours when to it comes to personal safety and security.

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I thought I would close this one with a lil update. As expected I didn't hear more from "agent 12" :LOL:.
I just wanted to thank everybody that gave me good advice around the topic. Thanks guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.