I will never use bitdefender again

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Mcafee and AVG are the worst AV... I saw a lot of infected machine with AVG and Mcafee. Avira is a pretty good AV, but it installs a lot of bloatware without user consent.
When you say "worst" then do you think they are not capable of finding viruses or what? Can you elaborate please?
I used my machine without any antivirus for a while and I had no problem because I knew how to use it.
If people download shady content and they disable antivirus engine, then good luck to keep the OS clean.

Last edited:

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
testing BTS on a VM:

Capture.PNG

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
When or where did I "speak/write" something bad about BitDefender @RansomwareRemediation?
Dont take it personal, this guy was banned more than 3 times in this forum and he is now back with this account.

He is "beavisviruses" and some alt accounts too, he used to write some "nice" stuff to me, nowdays he just give my posts a "Haha smile" reaction with this new username.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Dont take it personal, this guy was banned more than 3 times in this forum and he is now back with this account.

He is "beavisviruses" and some alt accounts too, he used to write some "nice" stuff to me, nowdays he just give my posts a "Haha smile" reaction.
Are you sure? Their knowledge about the english language seems to distinguish a lot.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Are you sure? Their knowledge about the english language seems to distinguish a lot.

Almost sure, nowadays he rarely post anything in fear of getting another ban.

And he should get another one because he is clearly infringing forums rules again.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So i will never (well unless they change) use bitdefender again. I've been using bitdefender for years. While i'm happy with the protection what i'm not happy is the way it gobbles up memory. I'm actually quite surprised reviews don't every notice this. I've generally seen on reviews that bitdefender is not that heavy. In what terms memory or cpu? In the CPU camp i won't say its light but nothing i can complain about.

[...]

I've eagerly updated to each new version of bitdefender hoping they would have worked on the memory issue. I actually think its progressively got worse.

Other than that bitdefender has spammy tactics.

Bugging me with their VPN & other features (even though i'm a paying customer).

Unfortunately I bought a 5 year license about 7 months ago.
I have a lot questions.
  1. Which edition of Bitdefender were you running?
    • Antivirus Plus
    • Internet Security
    • Total Security
  2. What prevented you from upgrading to their Premium Security tier which does include unlimited VPN usage?
    • Controversial Question: As a long term user, did you not feel it was appropriate to support all there product offers?
  3. When did you first start noticing the upsell Ads for other Bitdefender products?
  4. Is it possible to turn those notifications off?
  5. If you did not use Bitdefender VPN, could it have been uninstalled?
  6. Did the upsell Ads and Memory issues occur after you purchased an extension of your existing license?
    • If so, which year did you first notice?

If you hoped that memory management would improve with each version, but noticed it got worse, at what point did you decide it was hopeless to be hopeful, and what made you extend your license despite knowing what you previously knew with each version?

For Troubleshooting interests:
  1. Have you performed a clean uninstall and re-install of Bitdefender
  2. Were the yearly upgrades over-the-top installs, or fresh installs
  3. Did you ever contact Bitdefender customer support regarding the memory issues, or visited their community for advice/recommendations
  4. Have you ever made hardware upgrades, or re-installed the OS

NoHyper

Mar 9, 2021
I'm also not happy with the amount of memory that the program takes for itself, but I haven't found any analogues yet.

Reactions: Nevi

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
BDTS uses about 350-400 megs on my laptop. That's acceptable. But it's a different thing that I prefer Kaspersky TS and Norton 360 on my home PCs. The laptop gets BD only because I have a 15 device 3 year subs. Have to use it since I paid for it. Yeah, my bad.

BDTS 2021 is much improved over the previous versions but these guys still screw up my internet connectivity with an ever present internet latency that is immediately solved when I uninstall it. Yeah, I tweaked those firewall settings to no avail. Honestly, BD doesn't live more than a few days on my main desktop machine. It really pi$$es me off.

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Bitdefender is quite light when it comes to CPU, but its memory usage has always been pretty insane, aslong as your memory isnt maxed it should be fine.

Also, Resource usage =/= light, its simply the performance impact and CPU usage.

I also believe you can turn off promotional messages/notifications somewhere in its settings.

I do agree however that I dont understand why people and test sites keep saying its light, it slows down my computer more than Kaspersky, its even on par with Malwarebytes
Sorry, but I have BTS on a medium spec machine, and there is Nothing that slows browsing & the Computer in general as Malwarebytes IMHO.

justys74

Jul 9, 2021
Well I can tell you one thing.. I paid 100 bucks for an autopay I never setup.. But also deleted their software after using it one month and hated it.. They will not refund you.. I found that out.. That thing they say if not happy with bitdefender your money back in 30 days is BS... I also deleted my bitdefender account and paypal.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.