Advice Request i3-6100 vs i5-6500

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
The specs on newegg says that the HAF 912 case has 1x3.0 USB port and 1x2.0 USB port on the front panel, but on pcpartpicker it says it does not. Is this a mistake on pcpartpicker?
It doesn't.
1.PNG

It will work, I mean, physically is compatible, It's just that you can't utilize usb 3.0, which is a faster version of usb 2.0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I use Intel Core i3 on laptop is limited used and i know that, this is why i use only for working and other stuff...
Most laptops have U processors who are low power and lower performance. They can't be compared to the desktop equivalent(40% less for example from 6100 to 6100u).

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I think for the system you have in part picker the i3 6100 is the best choice. Also you should buy a 500w power supply, it's jsut more 10 dollars and you have much more space for upgrades. About the case you dont need to spend so much money on it, check this: cm n400

DC47561

Level 3
Verified
Feb 3, 2017
My choice for this would be the 6500. You have the room to be flexible plus later down the line you wouldn't be as bottle necked with more intensive games should you choose to go down that route.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.