Troubleshoot i7-7700 VS i3-7100 - What CPU is better?

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
No
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
No
Hi, I have an i7-7700 and an i3-7100. I would like to know which one is the best. Thank you very much. Greetings.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Go with the i7, well ForgottenSeer 58943 is total right i read some group on fb gamers getting buy AMD since Intel CPU is down due to vulnerability also one of my crewmate buy Ryzen 1600 if i were you i would change my mind and think about AMD, good luck :)

Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Generally speaking i3<<i7 (unless i7 is an Ultra Low Power version and i3 one is desktop chip)
Just a general rule in the naming of Intel chips, let's take i7-7500U
First letter after series name (i7 here) is 7, which denotes the generation of cpu. Higher the generation better the performance and power savings (So a 8th gen cpu will be better than a comparable 7th gen one eg. i7-8700K is better than i7-7700K).
After that those last 3 digits (500 here) defines the performance level of the chip (higher the number better the performance for comparable chips eg i7-7500U<i7-7600U).
Suffix in the end plays an important role, different characters have different meanings. eg. U- Ultra Low power chip suitable for notebooks and other portable devices.
For more read here.

Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Generally speaking i3<<i7 (unless i7 is an Ultra Low Power version and i3 one is desktop chip)
Just a general rule in the naming of Intel chips, let's take i7-7500U
First letter after series name (i7 here) is 7, which denotes the generation of cpu. Higher the generation better the performance and power savings (So a 8th gen cpu will be better than a comparable 7th gen one eg. i7-8700K is better than i7-7700K).
After that those last 3 digits (500 here) defines the performance level of the chip (higher the number better the performance for comparable chips eg i7-7500U<i7-7600U).
Suffix in the end plays an important role, different characters have different meanings. eg. U- Ultra Low power chip suitable for notebooks and other portable devices.
For more read here.

Thanks for that buddy, very informative for little ole me :)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.