kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Quite good setup. I would add some on-demand scanners like Emsisoft emergency kit, herdprotect, Hitman Pro... There are lots of them so check some of them out!
I would also recommend adding Ccleaner or something similar.
About the firewall. You have Bitdefender internet security installed which contains a firewall, so no need for something else right now.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
i think emsisoft has a lot of false alarm i used it once a time, i'm using heimdal pro for 6 month license with bit defender int security,
i'm using win utilities for the cleaning the system, by the way of course i'm not going to using other firewall but i just wondered,
i saw on matousec the comodo firewall outpost and private firewalls are the best, right ?

Reactions: Butterfly

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Comodo firewall is very good, because it is also very good against unknown threats. Private firewall is indeed also a good choice but needs some more configuration. I don't have experience with outpost, but I have heard that it is indeed not bad. Another good free firewall is the one from ZoneAlarm.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
hmm i think kaspersky firewall is better than others, i trust the russian peoples about software i dont know why exactly but i just trust them,
and i used avira free about 1 month i did not liked it at all, i used bullguard security 2014 i bought router airties 5433 it comes free with it,
it was bloatware, very high cpu usage by the way my cpu is i7 3770 and adata xpg900 256 gb ssd i'm using it, i were shocked,

bit defender using 250-300mb right now eset were 100mb, i think kaspersky is the most stable antivirus since my childhood lol,
i'm just 25

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

ha14

Level 1
Verified
Oct 13, 2015
thanks for sharing your configuration, Ableton Suite quit interesting (expensive) for composing music, but you do clean your Windows after surfing the net and which software you use.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
oh your welcome, i'm using digital audio workstations since 2005
i started first with fl studio, after i went music production schools seminars etc,
i had licensed steinberg cubase, ableton suite v9, pro tools 10, presonus v3 etc.

i love producing music
here you can check my some productions,
Ice-Rulez

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you have Bitdefender Internet Security, then you already have a third-party Firewall. If you want to remain with Bitdefender, downgrading to Antivirus Plus (Uninstall BTS first) and using another firewall is advised. Disabling the firewall component may cause conflicts with other installed security software.

Check out [MUST READ] How to update your security config without creating a new thread!

Edited thread title to follow guidelines.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
BIS 2016 should be fine as was already pointed out it has a firewall.If you like Kaspersky then KIS 2016 would be an option also.
I would consider some on demand scanners
CCleaner or Privazer are more than enough
Consider uBlock origin in place of ABD and HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome
An additional browser as a back up is also something to consider

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
BIS 2016 should be fine as was already pointed out it has a firewall.If you like Kaspersky then KIS 2016 would be an option also.
I would consider some on demand scanners
CCleaner or Privazer are more than enough
Consider uBlock origin in place of ABD and HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome
An additional browser as a back up is also something to consider
omg privazer is great software, thank you for information mate wow :eek:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Firewall the strongest contender is indeed Comodo Firewall follow by Private Firewall.

Outpost Firewall is good and worth to try which tolerable for configuration complex but for starter go to Zonealarm.

Overall a good configuration already. Try to explore more on Bitdefender's Firewall as you use the suite.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello, icerulez, and thank you for sharing your configuration.
After reading your joy with Privazer, I have just downloaded the latest portable version, & wanted to suggest something I have often read advised; and that is to stop the first (or subsequent) scan in order to uncheck the box "Registrys". Although Privazer backs up registrys, in my opinion it is safer to leave them alone. I'm doing it now!:D Yes, I agree. exterminator20 recommends great software!:cool:

How do you like Windows 10?o_O I wonder as I am still using 8.1.;) :):)

Reactions: Moose and frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Learning every options of the soft you are using is the best move to be safe.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
Hello, icerulez, and thank you for sharing your configuration.
After reading your joy with Privazer, I have just downloaded the latest portable version, & wanted to suggest something I have often read advised; and that is to stop the first (or subsequent) scan in order to uncheck the box "Registrys". Although Privazer backs up registrys, in my opinion it is safer to leave them alone. I'm doing it now!:D Yes, I agree. exterminator20 recommends great software!:cool:

How do you like Windows 10?o_O I wonder as I am still using 8.1.;) :):)

hey windows 10 is pretty good, i liked it much, and i recommend it to you,
privazer is really great software i never seen anything like this before,ccleaners are trash for me now. :D
i think it's time to update your windows to 10o_O trust me ! :cool:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
privazer is really great software i never seen anything like this before,ccleaners are trash for me now. :D
Thanks for the encouragement.:) My next move shall be to add an external hdd in the event "Rome" :eek:catches fire, lol!:D
I wouldn't toss CCleaner into the trash just yet as we can consider Privazer to provide the fine detail cleaning one performs upon a car (which takes longer) while CCleaner is the (quicker) spray which safely washes all the surface dirt & dust away!:)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I plan to make the move to 10 again in the next few months, thanks for the encouragement. ;)

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
yourwelcome mates, yeah ccleaner is popular but i used this software a lot once upon a time, always deleted my necessary regedits, and system getting crash a lot after cleaning with the ccleaner :( so privazer is better than it i believe. :rolleyes:o_O

windows 10 the most stable windows i believe :cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.