Add-ons: VTchromizer - ABP - Lastpass - Zenmate - Eagleget

Last edited:

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
Good configuration indeed!
How much comfortable u feel with eagle get?
+1 for Revo

To be completely honest, Eagleget is very similar to IDM (It has the ability to download from most websites) except that it has a better user interface and it's easier to configure, and so far it haven't missed a download no matter the website im downloading from.

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
Added: Https everywhere - Disconnect
Removed: Tiranium cloud scanner

I think a web filter would be a great addition to my configuration (just in case)? I don't really trust WOT or anything similar to it. Up for recommendations. Thanks :)

Aurora

Level 1
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Good and light config, for web filtering I recommend changing DNS or installing Webfilter Pro / WOT.
(NortonDNS/ComodoDNS provides better protection, OpenDNS has more features...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Icy

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
Good and light config, for web filtering I recommend changing DNS or installing Webfilter Pro / WOT.
(NortonDNS/ComodoDNS provides better protection, OpenDNS has more features...)

Thank you!

Added: WOT

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Removed: Tiranium cloud scanner

Any feedback to why you removed Tiranium?

I've made suggestions for a website site advisor in your other topic, but Google Chrome has good Malware and Phishing protection built straight into their browser. For example: Chrome will block malicious downloads.

I'm currently using Chrome Canary (may be unstable) and there's an option to submit suspicious files to Google. So it may inflict some privacy concerns for some users, but looks like they're committed to protecting Chrome users by bettering their SafeBrowsing.
upload_2014-4-11_11-50-3.png

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
Any feedback to why you removed Tiranium?

I've made suggestions for a website site advisor in your other topic, but Google Chrome has good Malware and Phishing protection built straight into their browser. For example: Chrome will block malicious downloads.

I'm currently using Chrome Canary (may be unstable) and there's an option to submit suspicious files to Google. So it may inflict some privacy concerns for some users, but looks like they're committed to protecting Chrome users by bettering their SafeBrowsing.
View attachment 9685

Thanks, I removed tiranium because I figured out that one on-demand scanner would be enough, didnt really need two.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I liked your configuration!;) Under the options for AdblockPlus, choose the subscription "Malware protection". Adding the security containment of Sandboxie Free www.sandboxie.com was among probably the first of many "tips" I was gifted to receive on MT, and it still remains among my favorites!:) It's ability to prevent permanent changes to your system by keeping your actions contained in it's "sandboxed" field also makes it a good method for "test driving" an extension until you decide to commit to keeping it which is the reason updates you'll wish to keep must be done outside it's protection. It's special to get something for free especially when it's worth paying for, but isn't that what makes being a member of MT so Awesome??:rolleyes: Thanks for sharing your specs too!:D

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
I liked your configuration!;) Under the options for AdblockPlus, choose the subscription "Malware protection". Adding the security containment of Sandboxie Free www.sandboxie.com was among probably the first of many "tips" I was gifted to receive on MT, and it still remains among my favorites!:) It's ability to prevent permanent changes to your system by keeping your actions contained in it's "sandboxed" field also makes it a good method for "test driving" an extension until you decide to commit to keeping it which is the reason updates you'll wish to keep must be done outside it's protection. It's special to get something for free especially when it's worth paying for, but isn't that what makes being a member of MT so Awesome??:rolleyes: Thanks for sharing your specs too!:D

Thanks for the tips!
I already had the malware domains subscription though. I'm not sure whether to install sandboxie or not because when I had it installed back in the day, I didnt really use it at all..not even to run a single program. I might test programs on virtualbox which would be safer right?

Thanks in advance!

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
Added: VTchromizer

I'm pretty much done with everything, however if theres an on-demand scanner that would perform better than ESET,i'll consider it!

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Excellent config!! Windows 8.1 default security should be all you need to be safe as long as you don't start downloading suspicious files and never approve anything on UAC prompts unless you know for sure that it is safe. Windows 8.1 default security will also give you the best system performance, enjoy using Windows 8.1 with no drag downs.

Good day. :D

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
To be completely honest, Eagleget is very similar to IDM (It has the ability to download from most websites) except that it has a better user interface and it's easier to configure, and so far it haven't missed a download no matter the website im downloading from.

I tried Eagleget & it don't support hot keys for prevent downloading automatic or force downloading like IDM plus IDM supports wide range of browsers & also u can add browser manually.

Reactions: Venustus and Icy

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
I tried Eagleget & it don't support hot keys for prevent downloading automatic or force downloading like IDM plus IDM supports wide range of browsers & also u can add browser manually.

The main reason I'm using eagleget is because it's free, I don't really NEED the extra features since eagleget is enough for my needs.It really depends if you're willing to shell out some money or not.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
The main reason I'm using eagleget is because it's free, I don't really NEED the extra features since eagleget is enough for my needs.It really depends if you're willing to shell out some money or not.
Yup i know but that's was a point which eagleget still lacks, when eagleget get this future i'll use it :)

Reactions: Venustus and Icy

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for the tips!
I already had the malware domains subscription though. I'm not sure whether to install sandboxie or not because when I had it installed back in the day, I didnt really use it at all..not even to run a single program. I might test programs on virtualbox which would be safer right?

Thanks in advance!
*scrolled back up to look at your config*:) I've not tried virtualbox (not yet, anyway) but hear about it often, have you?o_O I really should read as much as I write,:rolleyes: lol!:p I saw you added Sandboxie. I think by opening Chrome browser sandboxed, it shall be like taking a light jacket with you when you go out into the elements (or a unexpectedly cold movie theater).:D This gets you in the habit, a good yet somewhat overly cautious practice, of being prepared whenever venturing forth or opening e-mail by just clothing your system in protection. Hit Man Pro did wonders for my XP, by finding over 300 items I didn't know it had accumulated! It sped up my system equally!:) ..although it left one of our user accounts with limited graphics (those fill in boxes when logging onto MT appeared as thick lines rather than spaces).:mad: Be sure to backup your system 1st before unleashing the effective "Hitman", because he's a real "Pro"!;):)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.