Advice Request IDM & Youtube Video Download

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Latest IDM

Are you guys able to download videos with IDM?
I mean IDM shows resolutions like 720, 1080, etc...
I noticed that sometimes some resolutions cannot be downloaded, IDM mention something like host closed the connection or something like this.

Can anyone confirm?

Reactions: Venustus

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
As i told you earlier i'm have no issues getting videos at any resolution champ, all videos about cylance I was able to get at any resolution
with no problems, most likely the problem is with your pc champ, may have a registry problem.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
As i told you earlier i'm have no issues getting videos at any resolution champ, all videos about cylance I was able to get at any resolution
with no problems, most likely the problem is with your pc champ, may have a registry problem.
I did some trial & error.

I can download some videos fine.
Some videos I can download 480p But not 720p/1080p

Now here is a strange thing -
If I cannot download 720p/1080p, I refreshed the page & tried & still couldn't download BUT if I copy the link from address bar & paste it in the address bar & try, can download the videos.

So to download 720p/1080p videos that I couldn't download, I have to copy the link from the address bar & paste it again in the address bar & can download the videos.

I checked the system with chkdsk & sfc /scannow, no probs.

As mentioned in my previous posts, tried IDM uninstall/reinstall but the prob remains.

Tried 3 browsers & happens the same with all the 3.
Internet Explorer
Firefox Portable
Chrome 64 Bits

Could this be my ISP prob in anyway?

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
If you encounter any problems with IDM registration, please visit this page:
Internet Download Manager Registration guide

Note that if you have an OLD version of IDM (5.xx and earlier) installed, please download the full-featured version of IDM at first from the following location:
https://secure.internetdownloadmanager.com/get.html? place your serial number after question mark and you will get a special download.

In the future you may use this link to get your download link and Serial Number automatically:
http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/retrieve_registration.html

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Attached is the screenshot of the IDM error

Attachments

• IDM.png
    IDM.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 349

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
In all my life of using IDM I have never encountered any error like that so for me to give advice on that error will be kind of decadent.
What uninstaller do you use, and if you have a good 1 uninstall IDM and all traces, remove IDM extensions from all browsers,registry.(etc)
Then try a fresh install with the link I posted Champ.:)
My personal feeling is that you have corrupted files somewhere on your system, but you never no with long distance diagnostics.:oops:

Reactions: Venustus

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Attached is the screenshot of the IDM error
Temporary disable all your security and web protections, if the error occurs again, then you can rule out some software.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Terry Ganzi,

I noticed something -
IDM download windows shows url. I noticed 2 types of url.
Here are initial parts of url that I noticed to try to download videos
https://r18---sn-cvh7kn7l.googlevideo.com
https://r5---sn-gwpa-cvhz.googlevideo.com
I noticed that videos with g thing after sn- in the url - no probs downloading.
Videos with c thing after sn- in the url - probs downloading.

For videos I cant download, I noticed IDM download window - url - first it shows up sn-g thing & quickly changes to sn-c thing.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I'm not getting that champ,you can double check your security programs to see if something is hindering progress.
Your troubles may be cause by your security config probably something may be over lapping champ.
Question have you made exceptions in your security programs so they can run relaxed,that is if your are using multiple security programs.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I already mentioned in one of my previous posts...I have only Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 security software & Adguard Desktop Adblocker. I tried uninstalling both But the prob remains.

I have only 1-2 extensions/addons And have tried removing them too But the prob remains.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Terry Ganzi,

I tested with VPN And if I use VPN then no probs downloading any videos.

Could the prob be at my ISP level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.