Battle IE 9 vs Firefox 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
IE 9 vs Firefox 12
Which is better (resource consumption, security and functionality)?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well for security IE9 hands down since when their SmartScreen Filter and Web blocking works accurately.

Functionality likely it goes to Firefox since for others it claims to be better on page rendering.

Resource consumption likely IE9 have multi processes browser to avoid any crashes and instability thus it equalize the consumption while for Firefox it has single process thus most of the consumption were used.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Doesn't matter which one is better, it's down to your own personal preference.

For example; what add-ons you need, whether they're compatible with the sites you visit often, is it stable on your system etc.

There's no right or wrong answer when it comes to choosing a web browser, so trial run both for a week.

Modern browser use more memory, but that doesn't mean they're bad.

I am a Chrome user, but I also use IE9 once in a while.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Earth said:
Doesn't matter which one is better, it's down to your own personal preference.

Earth, You're right, preferences isn't count to which from this browsers is better.

When someone carelessly use the Internet it doesn't matter which he uses internet browser.

On my mother's laptop I use Firefox 12. Because I prefer this browser.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
One thing I like about Firefox 12 and not IE9 is that when you have Firefox open you have 1 processes for it and yes sometimes that can reach 500 MB but it's not like Internet Explorer where there are like 5 processes and they are all at 70 MB each.

So my choice will have to be Firefox 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.