IE11 Homepage changes to http:///idx1

eddr

Thread author
Oct 9, 2015
Hi -
My problem is this - for the last 3 weeks my IE11 home page keeps changing to "http:///idx1" every day - does not matter what homepage url I use eg google.com
Malwarebyte Premium found no infection until earlier this week it found a RDN/Generic Downloader.x!ke associated with 2 .msg files. It removed these. I then did a further total scan with the restore point off for windows.
I have deleted internet history, temp internet files and cookies. Flash and Java and windows software up to date (Windows 7, 64 bit)
I have run Malwarebyte scan and also the Avast rootkit remover and these found no infection yesterday or today - however the problem is still there. The rootkit scan appeared to scan for "user" however I am logged in as "admin" - so not sure if that is an issue.

Many thanks,
Eddr

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    38.9 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    92.3 KB · Views: 2
  • AdwCleaner[S2].txt
    658 bytes · Views: 0
  • AdwCleaner[C1].txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 0

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
  • We won't provide help for work/business/company computers. This forum is run by volunteers that spend their time free of charge trying to help people. We're not here to help someone earn money. If you're earning for life via infected PC or making a profit by fixing someone's PC, then you should hire someone to fix your issue.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.