If all else fails... try Kindness

Do PC's and/or Windows Make You Frustrated and/or Insane?

• Always

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Never

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshMaloWare

Thread author
Aug 11, 2013
Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY... I now live Upstate, NY, in a little town called Owego.

I'm here to learn more about Malware, Spyware, Virusware, SystemSecurityware, whateverware... so as to maintain my computers with optimum levels of security... and maybe even help out my friends and family members should the need arise.

I'm an ol' skool computer tech from back in the day... can you spell DOS 2.0? ...do you know what a Bernouli Box is? ...and who made it? I'm not even sure if Mr. Google knows that.

I was a big-shot tech in Winter Park, FL. many years ago... Orlando's Mayor, the Winter Park Police, Southland Corp (7-11), Channel 2, Rainbow Channel 65... everybody who was anybody was a customer of mine... I did a weekly "Technology" skit on Channel 2 with their Tech News reporter, who also was one of my customers... I did a talk Radio Show with WDBO AM Radio... I was a Super-Tech without a cape... I even nabbed a robber/jewelry thief once... our neighbor jewelry store was getting robbed, while I was outside my store, smoking a cigarette... I chased down the bandit, and even all the way through the plaza's Staples store, through their back door, and continued after him, until the police intercepted us... I was a big Hero on top of being BigShot Computer Tech... Ha! ...that was fun!

...but everybody was desperate to get their computers built, upgraded, custom setup, and/or repaired... this tiny little store that when I first started there, had only a little back room for a work shop... that, when last seen, took up more than half the total store square footage...

...like I said, the computer user community was a frantic riotous mob when it came to their computers... people would get angry if they weren't served first because, of course, their problems were certainly more important than anybody elses problems... first come, first serve, meant nothing to most of those people... the kindest, gentlest, senior citizens, would become mad dogs when it came to their inop computers... I was threatened, and even almost came to fists and fury... I remember yelling, at some old man, "...you want a piece of me! you want a piece of me! c'mon old man, outside!!! you and me! C'Mon!!!

Soon after, with nervous breakdown in effect, I left the Biz... that was Autumn of '98... and haven't looked back... for a couple of years after leaving it behind, I still had people hunting me down at home...

I have to go take some anti-anxiety meds now for flashing back on all that... really... my heart is racing from the adrenaline... Gawwwddd!!! ...whaddanightmare!

...speaking of NightMares... now about these MalWares... I guess, depending on your experiences and perceptions... maybe all computers in general can be considered "MalWare"... sorta like the as useful "TupperWare", but more frightening and stressful...

Here's my Advice and/or Tip-O-The-Day: computers are "stuff", and "stuff" really doesn't matter... so regardless of the Mal'est of Wares that may come your way... in whatever shape or form... remember that the Road to Peace of Mind, is paved with Acceptance... lined with Patience... and is best traveled, walking in the Way of Kindness...

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

JvB

Duncan (my little boy, January 1996 - June 2009)
[attachment=5328]

Page (my little princess, July 1996 - March 17th (St. Pats Day) 2007)
[attachment=5347]

Page, John (me), & Duncan (back in the day)
[attachment=5348]

Page, John (me), Duncan, & BigBoy (Hurricane day, 9/'04)
[attachment=5349]

Minit (est. 10-11 yrs. old, alive & beautiful, aging gracefully)
[attachment=5329]

Gemma (? - December 2012 - est. 10-13 yrs. old, my beautiful, funny little ol' lady)
[attachment=5330]

Natalie (6 yrs. old, alive & wacky)
[attachment=5331]

BigBoy (passed away, July '05, at the grand old age of 21)
[attachment=5346]

Kiwi (? - July 2012, est. 18 yrs. old, everybody's pal)
[attachment=5332]

3 Cats from the Bronx, (still alive and mental, received/rescued Nov. 2012)
[attachment=5333]

Thank You All for allowing me to share my Loved Ones, past and present, with you.

Attachments

• Duncan on Porch (564, web, text).jpg
    Duncan on Porch (564, web, text).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 402
  • my pretty angel, Minit - cellcam pic (crop) (564).jpg
    my pretty angel, Minit - cellcam pic (crop) (564).jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 400
  • gemma smiling with mushroom 6-11-12 (border, web) .jpg
    gemma smiling with mushroom 6-11-12 (border, web) .jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 438
  • Natalie playing with stick (web).jpg
    Natalie playing with stick (web).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 401
  • Kiwi (web).jpg
    Kiwi (web).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 432
  • 3 Cats on Bed (web) (564).jpg
    3 Cats on Bed (web) (564).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 390
  • Bigboy Favorite (564).jpg
    Bigboy Favorite (564).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 412
  • Page in Park 2bcde (564).jpg
    Page in Park 2bcde (564).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 354
  • Page, John, & Duncan (100, web).jpg
    Page, John, & Duncan (100, web).jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 407
  • Page, John, Bigboy, & Duncan Hurricane Day (564).jpg
    Page, John, Bigboy, & Duncan Hurricane Day (564).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 386

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips.

Hope that you enjoy your stay.

The first stop that we recommend is the PC Security Configuration Wizard so that we can give you feedback on your configuration.

Have a look around the forum. You will learn quite a few new things here ;)

Once again welcome :)

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Excellent tip. There's whole world outside the realms of computing.
However it's bad that it's being forced more and more into our daily lives.

MarshMaloWare said:
Here's my Advice and/or Tip-O-The-Day: computers are "stuff", and "stuff" really doesn't matter...

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Quite an interesting life story you have shared with us! I had some laughs.

Lovely pets too :)

Welcome to MalwareTips.

MarshMaloWare

Thread author
Aug 11, 2013
Hi Teemo2... i didn't have time to add a couple of others... they are my family... past and present... I've been blessed... not fair that their lives are too short, yet for that being so, they provide a Lifetime of Happy memories, and an Eternity of Loving comfort...

John B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.