Battle If one day i go for any paid solutions, but to stick to simplicity, which softwares?

JeanCraie

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
Hello everybody, just a random though :

Would

Spyshelter (does firewall/anti exec/hips ?)
in combination with
KSC paid + Malwarebytes paid
Nord Vpn

be largely enough for reasonable use ?

(I'm not planning to go for paying option anyway, figuring out first if my current free configurations are decent enough for travelling)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hello everybody, just a random though :

Would

in combination with
Nord Vpn

(I'm not planning to go for paying option anyway, figuring out first if my current free configurations are decent enough for travelling)
You will have a conflict with the HIPS and the firewall if you do that.
KSC paid is essentially the same proteciton as Kaspersky Internet Security, which has both HIPS and firewall.
Spyshelter Premium has HIPS, and Spyshelter Firewall has both HIPS and Firewall.

If you have Spyshelter Firewall, and you know how to use it -- ask @ichito if you have questions -- you absolutely don't need a paid AV suite. Spyshelter is first-class protection for those who know how to use it.

EDIT: I think I once got KIS and Spyshelter Pro to work together, but I had to sacrifice important elements of Spyshelter protection in order to do it. It is not a good combo.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Would

in combination with
Nord Vpn

Malwarebytes Premium for Windows isn't required if you already have an existing AV for real-time protection. Don't overlap security
Edit: You might be able to get similar results with their Browser extension or allow your Content Blocker to block dangerous sites.

System
Windows 10 64-bit: Home/Pro v1809/1903
Windows Updates: Automatic for Quality Updates (aka Security patches)

Protection
Antivirus:
Firewall:

Privacy
VPN:
Content Blocker (extension):

Remedy:
On-demand virus/malware scanner (freeware):
External USB stick (emergency infection):

Backup and Recovery:
Portable backup drive:
Cloud storage (instant access):

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
for home users, I recommend to have maximum 1 paid software related to security. More is a waste
VPN is a privacy software so if you pay for it + 1 paid AV, it's fine

having 2 paid security software does not neceassarily improve general security. Free alternatives work just fine

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.